New to the forum. New to Optimum's products but have been using them for about a month so far with great results.
Here is my process:
1) mix 1 gallon of distilled water in a 5 gallon bucket with 1 capfuls of ONR (0.5 oz) (i was initially use double ONR in 2 gallons, but found i was wasting a lot of water this way; my car is not large and it's been pretty clean lately. i'm sure as winter comes and it gets dirty i will have to do it twice or use double)
2) drop in 5-6 clean microfiber towels
3) apply ONR with the wet rag to one panel at a time, discarding the dirty towel after use (dirty pile)
4) apply optiseal and a clean, dry microfiber cloth to wipe off the ONR solution
5) after about 30 minutes of drying time, apply instant detailer & gloss enhancer
Initially i was using the big red sponge but i didn't like the idea of using a single bucket and putting dirt from the car into the bucket, then using the sponge again on the car. I know the dirt is supposed to fall to the bottom of the bucket and you can get a grit guard, but it makes me feel better to not do that.
6) when i'm done, i take all the microfiber towels (i use about 10) and use the chemical guys microfiber wash in my HE washer/dryer (not sure if this stuff is snake oil or not, but seems to get them clean)
Any critiques are welcome. I am new, and am trying to get my detailing process down pat before my new car comes in.