Opti Coat 2.0 cure time

daves120

• 1 month later...

Chris, would you recommend not washing the coating until at least 24 hours have passed? Basically don't touch it until a full day?

I just did my wheels this morning. I probably won't even drive the car until 24 hours. Or is this overkill? Worried about brake dust...

• 1 year later...

Ok...so for OC to fully harden it might take upto 30 days. But, I cover my car with a special breathable 4 layer cover...and I left the car in the open for 3 days post OC and now I again keep it covered. Is this ok...I mean would a car cover like the one I have interfere with the curing or hardening of OC ?

This is not the usual cheap synthetic/parachute fabric cover...but it's a 4 layer coverite cover...I just hope it does not interfere with the curing.

Experts pls advice. I have to keep the car covered...cause without it...it attracts a lot of attention n the pesy kids in my area end up scratching my rides.

Ok...so for OC to fully harden it might take upto 30 days. But, I cover my car with a special breathable 4 layer cover...and I left the car in the open for 3 days post OC and now I again keep it covered. Is this ok...I mean would a car cover like the one I have interfere with the curing or hardening of OC ?

This is not the usual cheap synthetic/parachute fabric cover...but it's a 4 layer coverite cover...I just hope it does not interfere with the curing.

Experts pls advice. I have to keep the car covered...cause without it...it attracts a lot of attention n the pesy kids in my area end up scratching my rides.

Hey chris...need your advice on the above urgently...since I have started covering my car already...3 days post opti coat ...I hope it doesn't interfere with the curing or hardening of OC.

I had also washed the car with shampoo after 3 days of OC....is it fine ?

I've only had one customer cover his car post application like you, he's never reported any problems.

great...i was just concerned that it shouldnt hinder the Curing of OC. its a soft cover....though...with a fleese lining. I have to cover the car to keep the prying eyes away. There are kids in my are who like to scratch nice well kept cars...so i have to keep it covered when not in use.

I hope...i havent screwed up the curing process.

In hot n dry climate...how many days do u think it'll take to full cure n harden ?

I hope i can wash normally with water n shampoo in between these days...i had already washed it 3 days after OC.

• 1 month later...

hello chris, our car is parked in our garage where its very dusty. to give you an idea how dusty, the car collects minimal dust just after an hour of washing it and blow drying it. is our garage good enough for me to coat our car with opti coat 2.0? thank you in advance for your response!

thanks for your immediate response. will post pictures soon, if possible. is it okay to apply wax after it cures? will it help with the water beading and sheeting or will the opti coat just resist such elements? i just want to add more shine a more glossy finish..

Archived