OPC with minimal rinsing?

Lowejackson

My question is really about how to use OPC with minimal rinsing i.e. no pressure washer or hose. This question was posed on another forum and was initially about washing. ONR is the obvious answer to washing but what about when you need something a little stronger. My first thought was to use OPC as this works well on the interior and can be rinsed with a damp cloth but I have no idea about using it on the exterior.

I am sure it has been said here that using ONR with one bucket could lead to smearing as the water becomes contaminated, so would a spray bottle of ONR or water be enough to dilute the OPC prior to ONR wash or is there a better way?

Thanks, gave this a try yesterday and it worked very well. Did a test panel whereby the OPC was sprayed onto the front wing and gently agitated with a very soft paint brush, quick spray of ONR and then washed with ONR in the normal way. No idea why I did not try this a long time ago although OPC is expensive in the UK at roughly $55 (US Gallon)

Little bit more experimentation today and I wish I had taken some pictures. Sprayed OPC onto a plastic recycling container which had been exposed to the elements for quite a few years. So, after some mild agitation with a brush I gave a quick spray with some ONR and continued agitating. The effect was this seem to bring more of the dirt out and seemed more effective than just spraying OPC and then washing. Need to experiment more but it would be great if someone else could try this and confirm or falsify my results

• 2 weeks later...

Running out of OPC very quickly now but it does seem to help spraying ONR onto OPC and agitating. My theory is the ONR is helping the OPC lift dirt away or it is allowing the OPC have a longer dwell time. My guess it is the former and helps lift dirt away but my chemistry knowledge is extremely low.

Archived