Dude thats Wet!

Ron Harris

Here are a couple of different cars that Anthony and I have worked on during the last week.

Not much heavy paint correction with them but the finished product really looked good. Lighting was not so great for the MB but you get the idea.

Correction was with the rotary and the cyclo as well.

cars were toped with Opti-Seal and the new QD witch really enhances the gloss and slickness of the Opti-Seal. They go great with each other like Peanut butter and Jelly.

Enjoy!

1005382dv7.jpg

1005384zc4.jpg

1005381he4.jpg

1005379jl7.jpg

1005378sp7.jpg

1005377kw3.jpg

1005360ah8.jpg

1005359iz9.jpg

1005357sr3.jpg

1005356za9.jpg

Wait, is there another Anthony that has that kind of talent and in TX :thumbsupup[1]: , I thought Ron was talking about you!

He's just jacking with you guys!

I would recommend applying the QD 30 minuets after OS.

The OS is solvent based so you wont have any problems with another application after a QD and a wash a week later.

I don't believe it matters if your detailing Porsche's or minivans, just be the best at it.

I told my kids that if all they are going to do is flip burgers for their life then at least be the best at it!

I admit I would rather detail a garage queen but remember that even though I get a lot of nice cars to detail many of them treat their cars like trash cans so Ron and I get a lot of pigs even though they have a Porsche, BMW. MB or Ferrari emblem on them. We just don't take pictures of them all.

Anthony

I don't believe it matters if your detailing Porsche's or minivans, just be the best at it.

I told my kids that if all they are going to do is flip burgers for their life then at least be the best at it!

I admit I would rather detail a garage queen but remember that even though I get a lot of nice cars to detail many of them treat their cars like trash cans so Ron and I get a lot of pigs even though they have a Porsche, BMW. MB or Ferrari emblem on them. We just don't take pictures of them all.

Anthony

Don't forget the A8 with the sticky center console buttons and that bag in the trunk.

Do these vehicles have the "secret" professional product you mentioned on Detailing Bliss?

Well to be honest , yes, the Arctic Silver Porsche has it.

That OS/QD combo looks awesome on the silver.

What did you all use on the SL500's wheel well liner? It's got a nice clean matte finish to it.

Hey nice eye for the smaller details :thumbsupup[1]: We used the Optimum Tire Shine applied via an air gun and compressor. For you pros out there you should listen to Ron and I on this and get an air compressor and gun to apply your dressing. It takes a time to get used to it but after a few cars I'm positive you'll prefer that method over the traditional spray bottle application.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone.

Anthony

Hey nice eye for the smaller details :thumbsupup[1]: We used the Optimum Tire Shine applied via an air gun and compressor. For you pros out there you should listen to Ron and I on this and get an air compressor and gun to apply your dressing. It takes a time to get used to it but after a few cars I'm positive you'll prefer that method over the traditional spray bottle application.

Anthony

Great tip – thanks!

Time to get a air gun any suggestions?

Chris,

Here

This is a link to a thread that shows a couple of pictures of the gun we use. I picked them up at Harbor Freight over a year ago. They were on sale for 13.00 I use the Opti-Bond close to a 50/50 product and water mix It works great and I use less product. If your mobile I would recommend a good pancake compressor. I have a Home Depot one that just dose not hold enough air and am always waiting for the pressure to build back up after each tire.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=44677

do you think this unit with built in compressor would do well or not enough pressure? My OB was shipped 2day so I need a new toy, hehe!

I'm not sure. You will have to play with the mixture (product and water) it is very thick out of the gallon container. I think it will work.

Hey nice eye for the smaller details :) We used the Optimum Tire Shine applied via an air gun and compressor. For you pros out there you should listen to Ron and I on this and get an air compressor and gun to apply your dressing. It takes a time to get used to it but after a few cars I'm positive you'll prefer that method over the traditional spray bottle application.

Anthony

Back in May, there was a thread in which Ron was spraying the Opti-Bond gel (diluted) on tires. Have you and he switched to the OTS as the sprayed medium? You like one over the other? Are there significant differences? Do you use the gel on tires and the TS on wheel wells?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Back in May, there was a thread in which Ron was spraying the Opti-Bond gel (diluted) on tires. Have you and he switched to the OTS as the sprayed medium? You like one over the other? Are there significant differences? Do you use the gel on tires and the TS on wheel wells?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Personally I prefer the Opti-Bond (Tire Gel) over the Tire Shine when spraying via air gun as it goes on and sets up better. It also gives a slightly glossier finish. I'm using the Tire Shine at the moment mainly because I don't have any more Opti-Bond :)

Anthony

Archived