Another Saturday

Ron Harris

Anthony and I worked today on a couple of cars today at Porsche.

First is a Carrera that was just beat! The prior owner trashed it as well as the body shop that did a little refinishing work on it.

Anthony did most of the interior work on it with the Vapor Steamer.

I removed several door dings from the driver’s side as well as one from the right rear quarter.

On the sections I polished (hood fenders and right side I use the Lake Country Foamed Lambs wool pad with the polish.

Followed up with a White LC pad with Optimum polish. Anthony used a little different combo for the roof not sure.

Last was the Cyclo orange pads and the polish.

The finish was sealed with the new Opti-Seal.

Tires dressed with the New Optimum Tire Gel.

silver_carrera4.jpg silver_carrera3.jpg

silver_carrera.jpg silver_carrera2.jpg

Our other project was this Volvo wagon.

Not in bad shape at all

Vapor Steamed the interior and dressed with Optimum protectant plus.

Exterior polished with Poli-Seal and a white LC pad.

Wiped with Optimum Spray Wax

Sealed with Opti-Seal

Tires dressed with the New Optimum Tire Gel.

Tim.jpg tim2.jpg

I don't know why the last Volvo picture is at the bottom?

I threw in a couple of fun pictures of Anthony

One is of him sleeping I mean working hard and the other is a reflection in the Volvo door

This new Sealant is a dream to work with. The only problem is if you pad has to much product in it it will streak a tiny bit.

Like all of the Optimum products less is best I guess.

tim3.jpg

reflection.jpg

anthony_fun.jpg

Ron, thanks for the sweet pics of your details and of Anthony. glad you let us know he was taking a nap in the last pic, thought maybe he turned camera shy on us LOL! can you give me a little more info on the Lake Country Foamed Lambs wool pad ? is it the black one that is listed on this site? most curious as to when you guys decide to break it out on a finish. thanks for your time and the pics here. :beerchug[1]:

Ron, thanks for the sweet pics of your details and of Anthony. glad you let us know he was taking a nap in the last pic, thought maybe he turned camera shy on us LOL! can you give me a little more info on the Lake Country Foamed Lambs wool pad ? is it the black one that is listed on this site? most curious as to when you guys decide to break it out on a finish. thanks for your time and the pics here. :beerchug[1]:

The foamed lambs wool is not in the store yet. I am trying to get pricing from LC and hope to have something for anthony this week. You can purchase it at topoftheline.com It's very similar to the black wool that's in the Optimum store. Same cut and finish. The LC pad is more durable.

I like use the combed lambs wool when a finish needs moderate to heavy correcting. I can do lots of correcting and not over heat the paint. Most of the time this can all be done with just the polish. It's more my preference and style. Most guys fear the wool. I feel it is a safer and more controlled cut. Just keep your pad well spured. A cloged pad can do some damage. :(

The foamed lambs wool is not in the store yet. I am trying to get pricing from LC and hope to have something for anthony this week. You can purchase it at topoftheline.com It's very similar to the black wool that's in the Optimum store. Same cut and finish. The LC pad is more durable.

I like use the combed lambs wool when a finish needs moderate to heavy correcting. I can do lots of correcting and not over heat the paint. Most of the time this can all be done with just the polish. It's more my preference and style. Most guys fear the wool. I feel it is a safer and more controlled cut. Just keep your pad well spured. A cloged pad can do some damage. :beerchug[1]:

Ron, thanks for the info and your insight. as for the Anthony dropping drawers in public......... that was too funny. thanks for the laugh guys !

Archived