Our First Opti Coat Job

SoCalDS

Job turned out great with the customer EXTREMELY satisfied with the results! We took a slight departure from the recommended methods on applying the product however. We decided to go with using one of those applicator sponges that come with OS. It seemed to be the most efficient way to apply the OC. We used about 20 Ml of product and were able to coat all surfaces, except the windows and tires, on the Chrysler 300 you see below.

Chrys300Rear.jpg

Chrys300Front.jpg

That's fantastic and I am happy to see you and your customer liked the results :beerchug[1]:

Please keep us updated on your thoughts of the Opti-Coat as you service the car in the coming weeks, months, etc. Please note how if you believe the paint to be easier to care for, or you notice nothing at all.

It is my belief that you will notice an easier clean, faster clean and that it should stay cleaner longer. Do not hesitate though to disagree with any of that because that won't help in making the product better.

Good luck with your future efforts in this....and I know I am very slow getting stuff done in regards to the Opti-Coat but we don't get much down time at all here at the shop.

Thanks for posting,

Anthony

Don

Great job, and we have found that the applicator is not a very important factor, as long as you have something that does not absorb too much product, and can spread it evenly, you are good to go. We did a Grand Cherokee a few weeks back that had those fake chrome plastic wheels, and the results on those were great. For customers with break dust problems, we also sell the application on just wheels if the customer does not desire the whole car done, and doing so has lead to a few customers coming back a few weeks later to have the rest of the car done.

Anthony

You bring up a really great point, ease of care. The cars that we care for are a treat to do, and the customer's that care for there own cars are amazed at the ease. When using ONR or our waterless wash the wash media glides over the surface. One detailer that I coach did 1/2 his hood, and he can't stop himself from showing his customers how easy it is to wash(lets just say he was very skeptical).

Please keep us updated on your thoughts of the Opti-Coat as you service the car in the coming weeks, months, etc. Please note how if you believe the paint to be easier to care for, or you notice nothing at all.

Will do Anthony!

For customers with break dust problems, we also sell the application on just wheels if the customer does not desire the whole car done, and doing so has lead to a few customers coming back a few weeks later to have the rest of the car done.

Great idea Yvan! Especially with those pesky BMW rims. I'd like to sell this idea to all of our maintenance customers. If anything, it would be a huge timesaver for us. :beerchug[1]:

BTW... This is Don, but I'll tell Dann you said "hi" lol.

Archived