Swirl/Halo removal

Bence, what I did was first go to NAPA and bought some Ultrafina, used it with my wool/foam blend pad. Went over the vehicle with that then moved on to a white LC polish pad and the UltraFina at about 1800 RPM's (Usually I do it at around 1000-1400 but it wasn't doing anything so I boosted it some). I then finished it up with the LC grey finish pad and a mix of Optimum Poli-Seal and Ultrafina. It got most of the small scratches and swirls out. I dont know about the clear though, at first I thought it was too hard, then thought that it was swirling so much that it was too soft but after the final deal with Ultrafina steps I just mentioned, I think it was just really hard and it wasn't cutting the swirls and scratches out. Like I said, I had to boost the RPM's up a bit and move slow and do a 2 foot by 2 foot section for quite a while. It took around 2.5 hours or more to to just the hood and front fenders.

Tonight (right now) I washed it, Opti-Seal, then went over with Stoners regular paint sealant (paste or liquid type) and let it sit for a while. I am going to go back out before midnight here and remove it. I will be up and looking it over one more time at about 7:00 before leaving to do some video editing work but will try to get some more photos. I did get some finished photos today and will post them when I get them put onto my girlfriends laptop. BTW, one thing I did notice is that with Optimum Spray Wax, I have a problem with it streaking (dark brown looking or as if someone rubbed oil on it in a way). I always have this problem with dark blue or black and using Optimum Spray wax. I have tried just spraying it on the micro cloth (Shag Rag from Justin at Obsessive) and that doesn't work. I've tried spraying it on just the panel and not the rag, both and even tried more. So I am not using too much I know that for sure.

Yes, the OPS/wool is an interesting combo, but if it works...

Shawn, I've encountered the brownish streaks with OCW a while ago. Were the panels hot when you spritzed them with the spray? Because when I tried to apply OCW I with a rotary (I try every conceivable combinations), it was immediately apparent that the OCW I wasn't formulated for that kind of heat transfer.

Archived