The Line between Opticlean and ONR

cptzippy

• 1 month later...

From Dr G - Opti-Clean contains the same polymers in No Rinse that encapsulate dirt but at a much higher concentration than No Rinse QD as well as other polymers not used in No rinse that offer more lubricity and gloss.  You do get some level of UV protection from the reflection effects as well as some sacrificial UV protection (the polymers breaking down rather than the paint).

On 5/18/2020 at 5:28 AM, No Soap said:

Nice! I use this “microfiber towel dunked into ONR and wrung” before starting washing for my drying towels. Especially older ones work much better in attracting water when done like that.

If you don't own a black/dark car, try NOT following up with a dry towel. Should dry up perfectly, it does for me, which is absolutely awe-some! Makes drying so much easier, and probably a lot safer.

Most of my towels seem to have lost their absorbing capabillity, even submersing them it takes effort to fully saturate them. Drying with them is generally an aweful experience. I have tried a lot, but nothing seems to fix it. I have a suspicion it's because I used a lot of them on hot paint (steaming ONR lol).

This way though, they work perfectly fine for drying.

I've found that microfiber loses it's "microfiberness" with time - loses it's softness and absorbancy.  Better (more expensive) towels last longer,  but eventually they all become wheel/tire rags.  Not sure how the wiping but not drying  method works (I won't own a black car), but if not too dirty, see how it could.