Guards Red 2001 Turbo w/Opti-Seal

Ron and I did 4 Porsches and one Ford GT this past Saturday, 2 of the Porsche's were full details. One of them being this 2001 Turbo.

Paint had some minor marring which was corrected with one product.

Paint correction: Optimum Polish

Pads used: LC white pad, orange and blue finishing

Rotary was used for correction and polishing at 1200 to 1400 rpms

Cyclo was used for finishing work.

Ron then hand applied Poli-Seal as we wanted to see if the Opti-Seal would streak as many people have claimed. We did have about 4 or 5 areas where it streaked which were easily removed with a light buffing with a MF towel. Ron applies the OptiSeal a bit thicker than I do but even so we had very little streaking.

I believe we have 2 coats of Opti-Seal on the finish. The weather was really overcast so we had no sun out ;)

OSTurbo.jpg

OSTrboTop91.jpg

OSguardsredturbo.jpg

OS91Turbo.jpg

OptiSealTurbo.jpg

OptiSealFrntTurbo.jpg

Anthony

Another sharp looking ride that you guys did there. can not wait to use the OS again. sure is nice to work with and a real time saver for me ;)

We could have skiped the Poli-Seal step and gone staright to the Opti-Seal But with some of the problems we have

seen on other forums I felt we should check this type of aplication again.

The LSP step went very fast after the poli-Seal.

We could have skiped the Poli-Seal step and gone staright to the Opti-Seal But with some of the problems we have

seen on other forums I felt we should check this type of aplication again.

The LSP step went very fast after the poli-Seal.

That is always nice to work on a car that is not really in need of any polishing. good idea to try the PS/ OS combo and see how it worked for you. my streaks ( as in 2 or 3 on the entire car which was ok by me being my first use of OS) came like Anthony said when I ran off the edge of the hood where I picked up the pad as opposed to where I worked it in well. IMO I believe some people are just using waaaaay too much OS for their application or not working it in enough. it reminds me of AJ or AJT where the less you use the better and if we knock down the high spots, we are good to go. our weather is suppose to be good for my days off and I have a bunch of cars and trucks to do. of course they are all black LOL ! going to use the same amount and spray the center of the pad and remind myself to work the edges better. what were your thoughts on the combo used on this beautiful car ? I can see me using this combo on a lot of my details this year. still can not believe how little time is needed to apply one layer. I also noticed it seemed to dry or evaporate for me in like 30 seconds the other day, it was impressive to say the least. also like the fact that you can see it when it is applied ;)

Archived