Opti-Seal over Opti-Coat 2.0

BMRu4ia

Wow! I stopped posting on that forum months ago for the reasons stated.

Thanks to a detailing family member, I was introduced to OCC products and this forum.

The sad thing is...IMO, 2.0 is a great product - that some have a hard time following even the most simplistic directions.

Many of these hard heads would seek a bettter way to breathe if they thought it would look good posted on a forum. :nasty[1]:

I also notice that there are those that for whatever reason - HAVE to get CARPRO into the picture somehow.

Anyone else notice this...lol?

Here I go stirring up stink again. :censored[1]:

I frequent various detailing and car specific forums. When it comes to OPT products I recommend to the members optimumforums.org on the forums which Chris doesn't already post. The one thing that does get my attention is a forum member that starts his post with " I have never used this product but you need to.......". I try and express that for the best info go straight to the horses mouth (sorry Chris. just me being old fashioned lol). I have always found if Chris doesn't have the answer he will check and reply with the straight skinny.

• 8 months later...

If proper washing techniques r used...would OC loose it's properties over time or become less pronounced ? I mean would it sheet water like crazy even after years of use.

I wash my car once a week...with pressure hose n use 2 bucket wash method with a mitt n shampoo.

I ask this...cause even I have opti-seal with me n I was planning to use it over OC every few months, but if it's unnecessary wastage then I won't use it.

• 10 months later...

Hi Chris,

How would I know if I will be buying an Opti Coat 2.0 which is layerable? How can I differentiate it from Opti Coat 2.0 which is not layerable? Reason for asking, I was still able to buy the old Opti Seal without the "New Formula" sticker on it a few weeks back and the distributor told me that there is no Opti Seal with the gold sticker on it. I'm from the Philippines by the way.

I am sure Chris will be along shortly to give the definitive answer but I think you maybe confusing two different products. Opti-Coat 2.0 is a coating which Chris has said can be layered whereas Opti-Seal is a wipe-on-walk-away sealant. The durability of Opti-seal would be significantly less than any coating but its application is far easier

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the original question of this post, about topping oc 2.0 with optiseal. Looked at the older forum entries today and in an answer to a post sometime in April 2011, Dr G seems to suggest that Optiseal works well on top of Oc. Are there any changes to this position with the incremental changes to oc 2.0?

• 3 months later...

Archived