OCW vs Trade Secret!!!!

I washed & waxed my wifes 2006 Acura TL today. I waxed the whole car with OCW, except for 1/2 of the trunk. The other 1/2 of the trunk I applied Trade Secret Carnuba wax....... Then as an unbiased tester I had my wife come out (in the sun) and compare the two sides......she liked the OCW better!! After many viewing from many angles, inside with high power lights, outside in the sun.....the standard "feel" test here is my opinion:

Feel: Both are very smooth Tie

shade, ambient light: Very close Tie

Shade, high power light: OCW, slightly more clear appearance

Sunlight: OCW, a more bright look, that brought out the metallic better had a more shiney look vs a more matted look on TS

I was expecting the TS to turnout better......I am impressed with OCW, but disappointed with the TS & the $40 I spent on it.....now I'm looking forward to getting my Opti-seal....that should be even better!!! I tried taking pics, but they just didn't turn out :>(

I washed & waxed my wifes 2006 Acura TL today. I waxed the whole car with OCW, except for 1/2 of the trunk. The other 1/2 of the trunk I applied Trade Secret Carnuba wax....... Then as an unbiased tester I had my wife come out (in the sun) and compare the two sides......she liked the OCW better!! After many viewing from many angles, inside with high power lights, outside in the sun.....the standard "feel" test here is my opinion:

Feel: Both are very smooth Tie

shade, ambient light: Very close Tie

Shade, high power light: OCW, slightly more clear appearance

Sunlight: OCW, a more bright look, that brought out the metallic better had a more shiney look vs a more matted look on TS

I was expecting the TS to turnout better......I am impressed with OCW, but disappointed with the TS & the $40 I spent on it.....now I'm looking forward to getting my Opti-seal....that should be even better!!! I tried taking pics, but they just didn't turn out :>(

Nice test there bud, I like the idea. :) I'm so hooked on my OCW that the only other wax I use is clearkote CMW, because, well it's awesome on black and red cars. My new 3 step is OC, OPS, OCW sprayed over light OPS residue and wiped off, saves a step. I love Optimum! :groupwave[1]:

Yea I also really like Trade Secret as a paste wax and if possible keep it and try it on top of the OptiSeal and see how that combo compares to the OptiSeal/OCW combo.

For me, nothing beats Optimum for the best all around performing product line. We don't compare Optimum to that many products but lately a lot of others sure are comparing their products to Optimum.

Anthony

• 4 months later...
Yea I also really like Trade Secret as a paste wax and if possible keep it and try it on top of the OptiSeal and see how that combo compares to the OptiSeal/OCW combo.

For me, nothing beats Optimum for the best all around performing product line. We don't compare Optimum to that many products but lately a lot of others sure are comparing their products to Optimum.

Anthony

I am currently using the Hi Temp Smooth Cut and Trade Secret. After reading this, I am ready to make the switch and give OCW a try. I need help since I am not a pro. I use a Cyclo with Green and white pads. What will I need to make the switch?

Thanks in advance,

D

Nothing really, just the OCW.

You can use the Smooth Cut, which is a really nice product, and then lay down the Optimum spray wax on top of that polished surface.

Optimum spray wax can be sprayed onto the finish or onto a microfiber towel. You then work it in until it's gone, there is nothing to wait and haze up. Optimum spray wax is the first spray sealant wipe "in" walk away product and unlike paste waxes you can also layer it. Give it a few hours and you can then add another layer if you like (2 would be my personal limit in one day).

Let us know your thoughts,

Anthony

Optimum spray wax can be sprayed onto the finish or onto a microfiber towel. You then work it in until it's gone, there is nothing to wait and haze up. Optimum spray wax is the first spray sealant wipe "in" walk away product and unlike paste waxes you can also layer it. Give it a few hours and you can then add another layer if you like (2 would be my personal limit in one day).

Anthony

Thanks Anthony I didn't know this about OCW I thought Opti-seal was only like that. Is this part of the new formulation?

Thanks Anthony I didn't know this about OCW I thought Opti-seal was only like that. Is this part of the new formulation?

Nope, the original formula is the same way. Spray it on a panel and just work it in the paint until it's all gone, flip your towel over and give it a quick buff....you're done.

Anthony

Nothing really, just the OCW.

You can use the Smooth Cut, which is a really nice product, and then lay down the Optimum spray wax on top of that polished surface.

Anthony

I ordered OCW yesterday. Very excited about trying it. Since I was ordering, I also ordered Menzerna FMJ too. I guess I was in the mood to try new stuff. Originally, I was going to Smooth Cut, FMJ and Trade Secret. So I kept with the original plan to buy FMJ and added the OCW. Currently, I also have Pinnacle Souveran, Zymol Carbon, Zymol Creme and Klasse AIO on hand.

First, I am going to Smooth Cut and OCW unless you can suggest a better combination with the products I have.

Thanks Anthony and your work is very inspiring,

Daryl

I would have gone with the Opti-Seal instead of the FMJ. The few times I have used FMJ I found it difficult to remove.

The Opti-Seal is so easy to wook with.

Just my biased opinion.

Thanks Ron. I will keep that in mind the next time I order. I find myself every now and then wanting to try new stuff so Opti-Seal is first on the list now.

D

Archived