Kudo's for Shop-Vac Corporation

Steve H

This is a repost from another forum I belong to, but I was so impressed, felt a redo was in order

Every so often a company does right and should be rewarded for it so here goes. I bought a small 5 gal/5hp Shop-Vac to use in my part time detail business. Neeless to say, it has seen its fair share of house work too. All in all though, I have maybe 20-30 hours on the motor.

Well today I was cleaning under the fridge and the thing died. I was a bit ticked since I have really only had it about 8 months. I called Shop-Vacs customer service and told them "I think I bought it about 8 months ago, but I am looking for my receipt...."

The woman on the line (from the midwest, not New Dehli) said "No prob" they are warrantied for 4 years. Asked for my name and address and she is sending me out a whole new motor and hose assembly for free!

It sucks to have something break, but, it's nice to know that there are still American companies that give **** about their customers! Right on Shop-Vac!

:beerchug[1]:

Now that sound like a good company to buy products from :beerchug[1]: customer service is in the USA and they took cars of your issue without a hassle. they will have repeat customers , I am sure. thanks for the experience with them. glad it worked out for you.

• 1 month later...

Mine has just burned up its 3rd motor in less than one year. If they keep sending me motors, I may hang on to it, but i won't buy another one.

I bought a similar Ridgid vac around Dec., and it has worked well for me. Next time, I will stick to Ridgid, in fact I'm already planning my next purchase for one.

Mine has just burned up its 3rd motor in less than one year. If they keep sending me motors, I may hang on to it, but i won't buy another one.

I bought a similar Ridgid vac around Dec., and it has worked well for me. Next time, I will stick to Ridgid, in fact I'm already planning my next purchase for one.

Wow sorry to hear that you have had a lot of trouble with your vac. I have both a Rigid and Shop Vac. I am finally getting rid of my Shop Vac that is 8 years old as it is on it's last legs. I put that thing through he** and back many times over. it has picked up more nails, sawdust, dry wall dust , tacks, staples and everything else when we remodeled a couple rooms over 5 years ago. never had an issue with it. hope they keep sending you motors :thumbsupup[1]:

A couple of other people have related similar stories to me about their Shop-Vacs. It has become apparent to me that Shop-Vac quality has gone downhill significantly in the past few years or so.

I have an older model, from 2000 or 2001, and it has never failed to work for me. The one I bought last year has been far too unreliable for me to use it with my business.

A couple of other people have related similar stories to me about their Shop-Vacs. It has become apparent to me that Shop-Vac quality has gone downhill significantly in the past few years or so.

I have an older model, from 2000 or 2001, and it has never failed to work for me. The one I bought last year has been far too unreliable for me to use it with my business.

Ahhhh so you have an older one that has served you well. sounds like the quality is going downhill as you said, that sucks. have to admit I can not blame you for not wanting to rely on a newer model for your business.

Archived