Well, I've been banned from Autopia

Anthony Orosco

Just to let you all know that you'll no longer see my posts over at Autopia because I was banned because I was seen as being "commercial" regarding Optimum.

I would like someone to find a post where I told anyone to buy Optimum from me over there or where I told anyone I have a website where I sell products. I have though recommended Optimum along with other products like Hi-Temp and Menzerna.

Oh well, rules are rules I guess so it gives me more time to spend here building up my forums.

Anthony

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they are afraid you are taking away from them (which could be true) and bringing the best of the best here (where they belong) ............lol. sorry to hear that...did they give ya any warning? lol

Then why am I here?

I wonder if the other "commercial" people on the board will be banned!!! With David's new line coming out maybe we are all suppose to buy it and only talk about it on Autopia? Sorry to hear that you are banned from Autopia Anthony and hopefully this means you will put more "how to" videos on this site.

I wonder if the other "commercial" people on the board will be banned!!! With David's new line coming out maybe we are all suppose to buy it and only talk about it on Autopia? Sorry to hear that you are banned from Autopia Anthony and hopefully this means you will put more "how to" videos on this site.

I know Justin30513 got banned yesterday too. I only visited that site for one reason anyways to try to get jobs from the bottom section. It is a shame you got banned but like Strokin said that give you more time to post here.

Your kidding me! I make a lot of reference to products I sell as well.........

Justin has been pusjin it A LONG TIME............that may have been deemed necessary with all the XMT hes accredited.

But Anthony? Im surprised............Wow...

Anthony, I was booted once before, but made it back.........(after a little pleading and reasoning)

Yeah it was a surprise for me also because while I use and highly recommend Optimum I would never push it on people as the ONLY product to use nor did I ever tell others in my posts that I sell Optimum. I always tried to help people out as best I could with what ever product they were using.

But I also understand DavidB's situation, especially now with his own product line coming out, in that he doesn't want sales going to other products and perhaps also wants to cut back on a lot of the competition.

The difference between this forum here and other forums that rely on sponsers is that they made a forum to make money by gathering sponsers but I didn't want my forums to be like that because you then need to always cater to those sponsers. I feel a forum is a place for people to come and learn, share and discuss likes and dislikes about subjects, issues and products which is why I allow people to come here and openly discuss any product and even allow people to openly display their websites and such. This forum is all paid for by me alone and as long as people do not abuse the ability to display their websites, as long as I am able to continue paying for the site, then it will stay this way.

I will devote more time to this forum and continue building it. Ron and I have work going on with some tutorials as I hope to build up a nice library of them which will again make this site a nice play to come to and learn.

Anthony

Thats a shame Anthony. I don't remember you pushing Optimum or your site. The only reference to this site I remember is maybe the link to a video you and Ron did. But thats it. I guess they really watch out if they know that someone is affiliated with another site or suspect someone is.

You haven't posted enough unless you've been banned at least once from a forum!

No worries....The answer as to why is usually hidden in the old adage...."Follow the Money!"

How silly really.....Ever see a McDonald's? and what is across the street or within a block or two? You guessed it ......a Burger King..... What about Restaurant Row? Why would these establishments place their businesses within walking distance of each other? .....because competition and variety makes for more business!

Oh well.....Ego and Paranoia have brought down great empires before....... Sounds like someone may be a bit frightened or threatened.....Consider the history of the Russia? whew....in some strange way, if Stalin wasn't so paranoid and ordered the deaths of almost all his scientists, the world may have been a different place...... Again....not comparing anyone to these people....merely making historical references, suggesting no matter how experienced/powerful someone may be, human frailties may be an equalizer to the equation of dominance......)

Anthony, I truly appreciate the refreashing air that this forum has. Thank you for your making this possible, both financially and something money can't buy.....your time.....errrrrrr.......unless I wanted to hire you to detail my car! LOL!

In some ways it is to sad....however, life goes on and it would seem to me, it is Autopia who has lost a great resource.

It could be a larger reason as well.....Optimum has a forum now, a products line, etc.....other than ego and paranoia, usually jealousy and women (or the love of them), (no offence to anyone.....just check the history books.... just stating facts) also are reasons for conflict.

So, I guess we, here at this forum, are all winners, for having Anthony spend more time here!

YA-HOOOOOOOOOOO.............(no real reference to any internet site!) LOL

OK....enough of that.....Let's get back to detailing..... (aren't you guys glad I do not have more day's off? LOL!!!!!!!

(I hope ya'll see the humour in this post....Irony would be if I got banned from here for this post mirrored in more trivial pursuits than anything detailing.)

So I ask....Why is the Penguin on the telly?

(I hope ya'll see the humour in this post....Irony would be if I got banned from here for this post mirrored in more trivial pursuits than anything detailing.)

Ban Him, Anthony (LOL)!!! For making me read such a long post (just joking CrobarCars and please keep posting it's what makes this forum). :thumbsupup[1]:

Thats a shame Anthony. I don't remember you pushing Optimum or your site. The only reference to this site I remember is maybe the link to a video you and Ron did. But thats it. I guess they really watch out if they know that someone is affiliated with another site or suspect someone is.

Yep, those are the only links I posted on Autopia about this forum AND even when people asked where they could buy OptiSeal I never posted that I was selling it but instead told others they could get it where ever Optimum products are sold.

Now I did highly recommend Optimum but I also did so with Menzerna and Hi-Temp products but I never told anyone to buy "only" Optimum.

My guess is that with the coming out of the new Ultima line maybe I was bringing too much attention to OptiSeal :thumbsupup[1]: I dunno....it's just odd after all this time it happens so quickly and I get a perm ban while others get a "time out".

Anthony

You haven't posted enough unless you've been banned at least once from a forum!

No worries....The answer as to why is usually hidden in the old adage...."Follow the Money!"

How silly really.....Ever see a McDonald's? and what is across the street or within a block or two? You guessed it ......a Burger King..... What about Restaurant Row? Why would these establishments place their businesses within walking distance of each other? .....because competition and variety makes for more business!

Oh well.....Ego and Paranoia have brought down great empires before....... Sounds like someone may be a bit frightened or threatened.....Consider the history of the Russia? whew....in some strange way, if Stalin wasn't so paranoid and ordered the deaths of almost all his scientists, the world may have been a different place...... Again....not comparing anyone to these people....merely making historical references, suggesting no matter how experienced/powerful someone may be, human frailties may be an equalizer to the equation of dominance......)

Anthony, I truly appreciate the refreashing air that this forum has. Thank you for your making this possible, both financially and something money can't buy.....your time.....errrrrrr.......unless I wanted to hire you to detail my car! LOL!

In some ways it is to sad....however, life goes on and it would seem to me, it is Autopia who has lost a great resource.

It could be a larger reason as well.....Optimum has a forum now, a products line, etc.....other than ego and paranoia, usually jealousy and women (or the love of them), (no offence to anyone.....just check the history books.... just stating facts) also are reasons for conflict.

So, I guess we, here at this forum, are all winners, for having Anthony spend more time here!

YA-HOOOOOOOOOOO.............(no real reference to any internet site!) LOL

OK....enough of that.....Let's get back to detailing..... (aren't you guys glad I do not have more day's off? LOL!!!!!!!

Nice post !! :thumbsupup[1]:

I want to thank all for the support and the Optimum forums will get more and more attention from detailers, both pros and enthusiasts, as time goes on. People will come here for no nonsense support and advice plus some nice tutorials coming soon.

Thanks again,

Anthony

Crobar, although I'm not that old (34), but I've lived long enough in the olds system to know the differences. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad actually. It was a lot more peaceful time when people appraciated the human side of the everyday life. But we Hungarians were the rebels in the East Block, but still...

And yes, our leaders were a bit paranoid. Funny that I can see similarities when I see or hear Dubya...

Archived