Just bought the whole Optimum polish line....

I just purchased the entire Optimum line of polishes. I have been using (and loving) the Menzerna line, but their polishes are just too expensive.

Most of the cars I work on are newer models with very hard clears. I have had great luck with Menz's SIP 3.01, 3.02, and 106ff. I just can't afford to keep going through 30 bucks in product every time I pick up my buffer.

Which Optimum polishes can I use to replace my Menz line up?

3.01 = Optimum ???

106ff = Optimum ???

I don´t want to bash the Optimum line but IMHO they can´t match the clarity and finish that Menz PO85RD3.02 and PO106FF. Are Menzerna three times more expensive? YES

Are they three times better? NO. But they give me that little extra.

OP would be like PO106FF

OC/OHC = RD3.02

If you desire the different type of clarity with Mezerna then just do a final cyclo or pc polish with the FPII. It is one of the least expensive of the line.

Use the optimum for all of your correcting.

Not a surprise since Optiseal contains carnauba and silicone(?) and some other polymers(?)

Then I have to ask you how much polish you are using when it cost you $30 to polish a car?

Menzerna has some wonderful polishes and in fact I use FPII from time to time on some details, mainly dark colors like blacks, dark blues, etc.

For light colors I don't see much difference between Optimum Polish and FPII and while *I* may notice a slight difference 99% of my clients wouldn't.

Optimum Polish will cut like IP but finish out close to FP so you're using one product to get near results of two products. If we look at cost then we have around $60 for the 2 Menzerna products compared to $16.00 for the one bottle of Optimum Polish.

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...
Menzerna has some wonderful polishes and in fact I use FPII from time to time on some details, mainly dark colors like blacks, dark blues, etc.

For light colors I don't see much difference between Optimum Polish and FPII and while *I* may notice a slight difference 99% of my clients wouldn't.

Optimum Polish will cut like IP but finish out close to FP so you're using one product to get near results of two products. If we look at cost then we have around $60 for the 2 Menzerna products compared to $16.00 for the one bottle of Optimum Polish.

Anthony

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks Anthony. How well does the Optimum line work on really hard clears? I'm doing an 06 Lexus in two days (hard clear) and would like to give the Optimum a shot if it's going to be up for a pretty hard clear.

Archived