How to disguise the "ease" factor?

I have a few clients who love to "chew the fat" when I arrive and talk about cars, detailing, etc..... However, they own rather expensive cars and are very "old school". We have had many discussions about ONR, OSW, etc.....

Using OP products just looks to easy...Clients constantly are inquiring about the "professionalism" of these products. I reassure them, that only time will assist me to have these products I have introduced to them perform better than anything they may think they are getting. One gentleman believes me when I reiterate the technology behind the products and how things change as does the paints and clears on the car he currently has over his older sports cars of years ago......

However, He wants to see SUDS (these are weekly maintenance vehicles and are garage queens)....paste wax carnuba, etc.....

I simply enable him at this point since these are not difficult products to use either.......however, they do add a bit to my time required....HMMMMM....maybe he wants to talk more! AHA!

Other new clients simply do not think it is any different than off the shelf at WalMart stuff.....at which point I go into the trust factor of my being a professional and making it my business to know my business. I also ask them why they wish to hire my services, etc.....It seems, they just do not like to see a spray wax in a bottle "thang" going on their car.....I may have to switch to a generic squeeze bottle as these folks are used to a liquid wax.......

Any one else have "ease" factor issues?

I have a few clients who love to "chew the fat" when I arrive and talk about cars, detailing, etc..... However, they own rather expensive cars and are very "old school". We have had many discussions about ONR, OSW, etc.....

Using OP products just looks to easy...Clients constantly are inquiring about the "professionalism" of these products. I reassure them, that only time will assist me to have these products I have introduced to them perform better than anything they may think they are getting. One gentleman believes me when I reiterate the technology behind the products and how things change as does the paints and clears on the car he currently has over his older sports cars of years ago......

However, He wants to see SUDS (these are weekly maintenance vehicles and are garage queens)....paste wax carnuba, etc.....

I simply enable him at this point since these are not difficult products to use either.......however, they do add a bit to my time required....HMMMMM....maybe he wants to talk more! AHA!

Other new clients simply do not think it is any different than off the shelf at WalMart stuff.....at which point I go into the trust factor of my being a professional and making it my business to know my business. I also ask them why they wish to hire my services, etc.....It seems, they just do not like to see a spray wax in a bottle "thang" going on their car.....I may have to switch to a generic squeeze bottle as these folks are used to a liquid wax.......

Any one else have "ease" factor issues?

I don't have the problem you have. I order the gallon size products and keep them in sprayers. I also try to keep a

professional image as well.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a similar topic on Autopia recently. I would not want a customer who does not trust my knowledge and experience as a professional. If a customer has a problem with the use of ONR or OCW, I simply explain the benefits and technology to them. If it is still an issue and they insist that I use traditional methods, there will be an extra charge. I have never had a customer question my knowledge or methods.

Archived