Testing video

Anthony Orosco

This is a small video of me polishing on a Porsche. Just seeing if my links work

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/uZa/...01H20Title1.flv

It appears to work but no sound ;) I'll have to figure out how the sound got deleted.

Basically I am using a combo of OC and OCP with a green pad. This is step 2 in my process. I'll post up more in the near future and hopefully get the sound working....or at least record audio over it.

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...
what is OCP? OP & OC?

Are you using the propel II pad?

Any more videos?

TD Oc = Optimum Compound

OCP or OP both = Optimum Car Polish or Optimum Polish...same thing.

If you ever see another abbreviation that you are unsure about, there is a section/topic with a list of abbreviations here on the forum. Hope this helps.

Elliott

TD Oc = Optimum Compound

If you ever see another abbreviation that you are unsure about, there is a section/topic with a list of abbreviations here on the forum. Hope this helps.

Elliott

thanks ehall. I normally call it op. :lol:

TD Oc = Optimum Compound

Elliott

thanks ehall. I normally call it op. :lol:

• 3 months later...
thanks ehall. I normally call it op. :blink:

I was wondering if most rotary machines have the same type of controls? What I mean is can you set the speed to the max you want it to not exceed while your using it, and also can you vary the speed by playing with the trigger up to that pre-set speed like Anthony did in his video? I starting to think it's time to make a move to a rotary and from what I've read, if I keep the speed down to no higher than say 1200 rpms and don't try anything to crazy like letting the pad set on one area or try to buff sharp edges, I think I could get the hang of it. Of course finding

an older car to practice on would be my best bet. I must admit I have a PC and it's an ok machine for minor corrections and for applying sealents and waxes, but I'm sure a rotary like the Metabo or one of the others would cut down the time it takes to do a good job. My PC takes just to much time to achive decent results. Now that I starting to use Optimum products with their longer working time, it's time to go rotary. Thanks in advance for your responce.

I was wondering if most rotary machines have the same type of controls? What I mean is can you set the speed to the max you want it to not exceed while your using it, and also can you vary the speed by playing with the trigger up to that pre-set speed like Anthony did in his video? I starting to think it's time to make a move to a rotary and from what I've read, if I keep the speed down to no higher than say 1200 rpms and don't try anything to crazy like letting the pad set on one area or try to buff sharp edges, I think I could get the hang of it. Of course finding

an older car to practice on would be my best bet. I must admit I have a PC and it's an ok machine for minor corrections and for applying sealents and waxes, but I'm sure a rotary like the Metabo or one of the others would cut down the time it takes to do a good job. My PC takes just to much time to achive decent results. Now that I starting to use Optimum products with their longer working time, it's time to go rotary. Thanks in advance for your responce.

Most rotary polishers have what's called "variable speed" control which means you can set it at say 1500 rpm's but the trigger control starts out at 1000 (or what ever that polisher's starting rpm is) so you can go from 1000 rpm all the way up to 1500 or what ever you have it set at.

This allows for the user to feather the trigger and buff up close to edges. The Metabo has a speed dial also but it does not have a variable type trigger but rather an on/off switch with a reduced start.

If you need specific advice for rotary use please ask and those with experience will help out.

Anthony

Archived