OC and single stage paint

A while back I used OC via rotary and yellow pad on a red Acura with single stage paint. It seemed as if the OC was fighting me the whole way. After polishing the panel, it was extremely difficult to remove. I ended up switching to another line to finish up the car. I had a similar problem with a clear coated Maxima. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue with single stage and/or clear coat.

A while back I used OC via rotary and yellow pad on a red Acura with single stage paint. It seemed as if the OC was fighting me the whole way. After polishing the panel, it was extremely difficult to remove. I ended up switching to another line to finish up the car. I had a similar problem with a clear coated Maxima. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue with single stage and/or clear coat.

Brad,

I find any single stage paint tough to work with. Meaning it takes more effort to operate the polisher.

The Optimum compounds have a little more lubricants the most compounds.This is why you have the extended working times. They can be a little difficult to remove at times.The weather and humidity can play jnto this. I usually follow up with OP. This helps remove any product that couldn't be wiped off.

I use a damp MF to help remove the compound. I have hers others using No Rinse to clean compounded panels.

Ron- Thanks for the reply. It was very cold that day, so maybe that played into the problem. I worked the OC pretty long too. It almost seemed as if the paint was soaking up the oils too quickly. The paint was fairly new and not oxidized. Anyways, I will try the damp MF technique next time.

Archived