Scratches in glass

Rob

A friend of mine had a small accident and has what looks like small scratches and some paint transfer on his windshield...I was wondering if OP or OPS would remove them? I have a PC but have never polished glass before so I figured I would ask before I tried. Any help would be appreciated.

The paint transfer might come off but you will need a glass polishing kit to try and eliminate the scratches.

Lake Country manufactures one. Auto Geek might sell it. You just attach it to a drill.

The paint transfer might come off but you will need a glass polishing kit to try and eliminate the scratches.

Lake Country manufactures one. Auto Geek might sell it. You just attach it to a drill.

Thanks I am hoping it is just transfer...haven't had a chance to look at it. Stupid stop signs :thumbsupup[1]:

I have used the glass polish that AG sells ( Diamondite resurfacing creme) and it did remove a lot of scratches from the glass on my truck. was easy to use. I used so little that the 4oz bottle will go a long way :thumbsupup[1]:

What pad did you use with it? I am thinking that I will pick some of that up...it beats buying a whole kit.

Thanks flatstick

What pad did you use with it? I am thinking that I will pick some of that up...it beats buying a whole kit.

Thanks flatstick

I used an orange 5.5 low profile pad. tried it with both pc and rotary. any pad like an orange LC type should be good for you. I used no pressure and followed their guidelines on the speed ( 1000 max on the rotary I believe and maybe 4 on a pc) . hey give it a shot and if it does not work for you it only cost you the resurfacing creme. just remember not to use too much or it will make more work for you. hope it takes care of your issues for you. take it easy.

Archived