Using ONR in the winter on a very salty car

neonglh

On 08/02/2017 at 3:56 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Power Clean is a great all purpose and you can change the ratio depending on the project. Don't let your wife find it because it will disappear into the kitchen/bathroom. It works great on tile, but don't use on wood floors (leaves a film that's hard to remove.

Ron, sorry for dragging up an old quote.  I am curious about the film left behind on wood.  One of the things I like about OPC is how easy it is to remove, what is it about wood where something is left behind?

I used Power Clean on a new laminate wood floor and it left a film that took 3 passes with a wet towel to remove.  When I mentioned it to Dr G, he said Power Clean was not the right product for wood due to the residue (no other explanation), but suggested ONR or Opti-Clean.  OC is my go-to for most surfaces now because it cleans well with no side issues.

On 25/09/2018 at 2:38 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

I used Power Clean on a new laminate wood floor and it left a film that took 3 passes with a wet towel to remove.  When I mentioned it to Dr G, he said Power Clean was not the right product for wood due to the residue (no other explanation), but suggested ONR or Opti-Clean.  OC is my go-to for most surfaces now because it cleans well with no side issues.

Thanks Ron for the explanation.

• 2 years later...

Sorry, have to "spam" this also here for everyone to see, so I tried using T.A.R. on my car with now rough sides thanks to "salt" (or whatever it is in Finland). Result was excellent!

Did this as a test between 2 products:

• Washed both front doors with ONR (new formula) using the Big Red Sponge and dryed the panels.
  • Sprayed T.A.R. on one of the doors and Power Clean (1:3) on the other door (not at the same time).
  • Let dwell for 2 minutes and agitated gently with a microfiber towel (separate towels for each product). The T.A.R. towel was much dirtier than the Opti Clean.
  • Washed again (2 times) with ONR and the Big Red Sponge and dryed the panel.

Did only one test-side at a time e.g. one product at a time, after each other.

The Opti Clean side still felt rough but the T.A.R. side was smooth like a babys bottom! Added Opti-Clean on top.

Question: Could there be a danger with the T.A.R. or Opti Clean if one couldn't get everything cleaned off using BRS and ONR? Did wash inside the doors also with just ONR.

@Ron@Optimum Same thing written also in this other thread, sorry, too happy! :)