Paint temps application????

Okay I washed my wifes 06 Acura TL today....(in the garage) I wanted to clay-polish-optiseal it....but it was just too hot....90 degree day and we drove it earlier....the paint on the hood was above 100'....as high as 120' in spots....even my 928 which hasn't been driven in days was an even 85 degrees pretty much everywhere....On the bottle optiseal says not to apply above 90 degrees....So I figured I'd have to wait till morning when its probably in the lower 70's....

So here is my question? What is the reason of not applying waxes-polishes to hot/warm paint?

I understand that as paint increase in temp it gets softer, which allows for "better" polishing above about 110F....but I understood that about 110F is the maximum paint temp when polishing, so starting with a paint temp of above that is NOT a good idea right? The other aspect is a hot car will "flash" off part of the waxes-polishes which will diminish their shine-durability?

The Acura came with very good paint & I've maintained it with OCW at least monthly as long as I've had it...but it just have a few small scratches/spiderwebbing that I want to eliminate to smooth everything out....

Thanks

Okay I washed my wifes 06 Acura TL today....(in the garage) I wanted to clay-polish-optiseal it....but it was just too hot....90 degree day and we drove it earlier....the paint on the hood was above 100'....as high as 120' in spots....even my 928 which hasn't been driven in days was an even 85 degrees pretty much everywhere....On the bottle optiseal says not to apply above 90 degrees....So I figured I'd have to wait till morning when its probably in the lower 70's....

So here is my question? What is the reason of not applying waxes-polishes to hot/warm paint?

I understand that as paint increase in temp it gets softer, which allows for "better" polishing above about 110F....but I understood that about 110F is the maximum paint temp when polishing, so starting with a paint temp of above that is NOT a good idea right? The other aspect is a hot car will "flash" off part of the waxes-polishes which will diminish their shine-durability?

The Acura came with very good paint & I've maintained it with OCW at least monthly as long as I've had it...but it just have a few small scratches/spiderwebbing that I want to eliminate to smooth everything out....

Thanks

Well you basically answered your question there....with product flashing off being the main reason. Lubricating oils in products will flash off and perhaps cause more marring from the abrasives and it may also cause the product to stick so removal is a big hassle.

Archived