Is temperature important?

bjgross

In our testing we had some issues with cold and OptiSeal laying down right but I believe this has more to do with HOW it's applied. If you use a sponge applicator cold weather may not be suitable but if you apply it with a soft microfiber towel and work it in until completely gone the cold shouldn't effect the outcome.

We had a few days here in South Texas last winter were it got below 30, a few teens also, and I applied OptiSeal in my garage with really no problems, cept for a few more streaks than usual but those were taken care of easily with a quick buffing from a microfiber towel.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

In our testing we had some issues with cold and OptiSeal laying down right but I believe this has more to do with HOW it's applied. If you use a sponge applicator cold weather may not be suitable but if you apply it with a soft microfiber towel and work it in until completely gone the cold shouldn't effect the outcome.

We had a few days here in South Texas last winter were it got below 30, a few teens also, and I applied OptiSeal in my garage with really no problems, cept for a few more streaks than usual but those were taken care of easily with a quick buffing from a microfiber towel.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Thanks Anthony!

Wow - I didn't think it got that cold in Texas. OS should be ok here in Seattle - I will apply it in the garage with some bright lights.

BJ

Archived