Opti-Seal, Poli-Seal and ONR Review

Low Tech

David Ghoudoussi was so helpful in answering some of my questions, I thought I would take the time to post my most positive impressions. I have been a hobbyist detailer on my own vehicles for some time before discovering Opti-Seal, Poli-Seal, and ONR this year. I have more slightly used products in my garage cabinets than I care to admit!

I have used Opti-Seal on my jet black S63 that was already well-prepped by me with other products (KAIO & KSG and Danase Wet Glaze). I actually applied Opti-Seal over two well-cured coats of Pinnacle Souveran, all of which were applied before I heard of Opti-Seal.

Opti-Seal Impressions:

Incredibly easy-to-use

Best results I have been able to achieve - Combines shine, gloss, and depth

Seems to give the shine of synthetic while retaining most of the depth of carnauba

Seems to aviod the dust-magnet problems that come with Souveran, without sacrificing much depth

Can be layered and sandwiched/Plays well with other products

Tip: Use sparingly and work the product fully to avoid streaks and splotches. I work it until it disappears. At forst, I used the foam applicator that comes with it, but switched to a mocro-fiber pad - Hope this is OK...

I highly recommended Opti-Seal!

I have a fellow work on my other vehicles and he used Poli-Seal. I can say that this is a great prep for paint that is in fairly good shape. Great results and he then applied Opti-Seal on the other vehicles. Another product that I would recommend.

ONR Impressions

I was very skeptical, but the product has high lubricity and cleaning. It is now my wash of choice. Surprise: Used as a quick detailer, it makes me feel comfortable that I am not marring the finish and looks great - works well on glass, too.

I look forward to trying the new OCW, although I don't know how this would fit in my forthcoming Poli-Seal / Danase Wet Glaze / Opti-Seal routine...

Also look forward to the tire shine, but want to hear about durability first...

Again, I am not a shill for Opti-Seal/Poli-Seal/ONR, although it may sound that way. Point is, as a vendor, David was so helpful that I would be quite remiss if I did not share my positive experience.

Great to hear.....or READ your positive notes on the Optimum products you have tried.

You can use a microfiber pad to apply OptiSEal. The only draw back might be that you use more product.

Look forward to some pictures in the concours area.

Anthony

My pleasure, Anthony. Looking forward to the new OCW, but do you have any idea how it (or if) it will fit in to my new Optima detailing routine? I find Opti-Seal so easy to use, that I'm not quite sure that OCW will be necessary. Any thoughts?

Also, durability is my criteria (rether than appearance) in a tire shine. Do you have any information on durability for the tire shine? Thanks!

Nice review!

I have the Optimum Tire Shine, and it's been 2 weeks since I have applied it. It still looks like day 1, and my car sits outside. I live in Southern California where the sun loves to shine, so the car gets lots of sun. It's gonna be hitting week 3 pretty soon. It's not a wet look, it's more of a matte gloss, which I like.

Archived