festool

bill walsh

I am very interested in the Festool but as of yet I've had no first hand expeience with either of those tools you mention.

From what I hear about Festool they are a top quality tool and have a very loyal following so I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with it.

Anthony

• 1 year later...

I'm also considering getting the Festool, my question is do you (anyone??) prefer to finish with a rotary or a forced rotation orbital polisher like the Festool or Flex? How do your results compare between the two?

Currently I have great results finishing with my Metabo and a finishing pad, but would like to have another option, partly because all paints behave a little differently and partly because I think is some cases a true DA machine would be more user friendly.

I don't mind spending the extra $$ on the Festool over the Flex based on what I've read about the two, but if rotary machines finish better then I'll probably just keep using the rotary 100% of the time.

Thoughts? Anyone happy they have both?

• 2 weeks later...

Festool.... Love it! Great as a final step tool as well as for swirl mark removal. It has become an integral part of our tool arsenal. It won't completely replace a rotary for some jobs though. (i.e. deep scratches).

Do these work with a metabo? Do they add a lot of drag or weight to a rotary?

I've read a lot about them but have never seen one.

I think that my Dynabraid wore out my metabo. In just a little over a year the worm gear was shot.

I would only use this attachment with a cheep polisher.

Years ago I have tried Festool RO 150 FEQ and I have felt it is a very bad fit for paint polishing (you can still find some of my posts about it on, I think, Autopia).

Cup was ovefilled when it flung backing plate and it went back for refund.

I find Flex XC 3401 VRG perfect balance of correction power and final polishing ability for me.

Archived