OptiSeal vs. OptiWax

Corey

Please help this newbie. I've always babied my car...constantly washed it, detailed the interior, parked in a garage, etc. Recently, I had to move to an apartment where I cannot park in a garage. My baby is unsheltered and I'm freaking out.

I want to wax and prep my car for the upcoming winter months (I live in WI). I waxed with a paste wax about a month ago. What is the difference between the OptiSeal and Optimum Wax? What should I use to protect my car for the winter months?

Thanks,

corey

Please help this newbie. I've always babied my car...constantly washed it, detailed the interior, parked in a garage, etc. Recently, I had to move to an apartment where I cannot park in a garage. My baby is unsheltered and I'm freaking out.

I want to wax and prep my car for the upcoming winter months (I live in WI). I waxed with a paste wax about a month ago. What is the difference between the OptiSeal and Optimum Wax? What should I use to protect my car for the winter months?

Thanks,

corey

I'm pretty new to detailing as well, but have found the Optimum line of products and will never look back.

I would clay 1st (if you haven't done that for a while), followed by light paint cleaner to enhance the gloss and get it ready to seal.

Then put down two coats of OS, topped with OCW. From then on, wash with ONR and as you dry, use a little of the OCW spray wax to keep the protection and shine looking great!

BJ

Thanks,

corey

Hello Corey and welcome to the Optimum forums.

The best way to use the Optimum wax and sealant is in the form of a 1, 2 punch.

First you'll want to prep your paint:

Wash

Clay (if needed to remove contaminates and wax)

Polish (if needed to level out marring and wax)

You'll then want to seal your paint and this is best done in a 2 step process. First step is applying OptiSeal. This will bond or cross link with the paint and gives you at least 6 months durability. OptiSeal can be layered also and we usually recommend 2 layers a few hours apart.

After you have allowed the OptiSeal to bond properly you can then top that with some Optimum Spray Wax. The spray wax does not need to be used now but rather look at it as a monthly ritual that after being washed takes only 10 minutes to apply to the cars paint. This type of maintenance will help your car ride out the winter and be ready come Spring time for a full detail where you can then re-apply OptiSeal.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Hello Corey and welcome to the Optimum forums.

The best way to use the Optimum wax and sealant is in the form of a 1, 2 punch.

First you'll want to prep your paint:

Wash

Clay (if needed to remove contaminates and wax)

Polish (if needed to level out marring and wax)

You'll then want to seal your paint and this is best done in a 2 step process. First step is applying OptiSeal. This will bond or cross link with the paint and gives you at least 6 months durability. OptiSeal can be layered also and we usually recommend 2 layers a few hours apart.

After you have allowed the OptiSeal to bond properly you can then top that with some Optimum Spray Wax. The spray wax does not need to be used now but rather look at it as a monthly ritual that after being washed takes only 10 minutes to apply to the cars paint. This type of maintenance will help your car ride out the winter and be ready come Spring time for a full detail where you can then re-apply OptiSeal.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Thanks for the help guys.

Corey

Archived