Anthony, Ron and Optimum save the day!

Ron Harris

The story behind this car.

Thursday the Porsche dealer called anthony and I wanting us to do a new car prep

to a Porsche. It had sat on the lot for several months and was the last 07 they had.

Friday I was booked and Anthony was home nursing a virus.

The dealer had one of the porters do the detail and well I will let the finished results speak!

1005304ug0.jpg

1005306if4.jpg

As you can see the car looked like Krap!

The customer refused to take delivery of the car and wanted it done right.

Anthony, Ron and Optimum to the rescue.

1005316an1.jpg

1005313rg7.jpg

After 3 different claying procedures we polished with the Orange pad and Optimum Polish.

The next step was to polish again with a white LC pad and OP.

Anthony then did a final polish with the Cyclo and OP.

For protection we applied spray wax and a final wipe down with the super slick QD that is coming out.

1005318yf4.jpg

1005319pe7.jpg

1005317vu1.jpg

What would have been different if you only had a cyclo to use? ie, pads, products and your probable order of polishing.

I only have a cyclo, which is why I ask. Most don't use a rotary unless they are pros.

BTW. NICE!

If I had only a Cyclo I would of tried as my first step Polish with orange pads. If this didn't leave me with good results I would of went with Polish on one Cyclo pad, Hyper on the other, sorta a 50/50 mix.

The Cyclo will do some decent correction but of course you'll be spending twice the time on the car also. I would then finish up with Polish and white pads. I like to move the Cyclo very slow on my last step. You can generate a fair amount of heat when moving the Cyclo in a slow and even manner.

Anthony

Awesome works guys. A volume shop I worked at about two years ago did Porsche's for a local used car dealer and once the fillers washed away they all looked like that. I worked there for less than month before quitting and in that time they burnt through 2-3 spoilers on various models...

If I had only a Cyclo I would of tried as my first step Polish with orange pads. If this didn't leave me with good results I would of went with Polish on one Cyclo pad, Hyper on the other, sorta a 50/50 mix.

The Cyclo will do some decent correction but of course you'll be spending twice the time on the car also. I would then finish up with Polish and white pads. I like to move the Cyclo very slow on my last step. You can generate a fair amount of heat when moving the Cyclo in a slow and even manner.

Anthony

I'm glad I asked. I'm think Imove my cyclo too quickly and need to take my time a bit better. That Cayman really looks great.

Archived