Hello from VA

Paul B

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have been into the detailing hobby for a while, but got really into it just over a year ago. I have been taking good care of the family vehicles and doing a little detailing on the side and thinking about expanding in the near future. For the past 5 years I have wanted to start a business of my own and now is the time. I'd like to thank Mike at DrivenAutoDetail for his help and guidance in starting a mobile detailing business

I'm here to learn more about Optimum products, techniques, new products, etc.... I also want to get away from the bickering and politics on some of the larger boards.

I currently use Optimum Polish, Compound, PoliSeal, OptiSeal, Protectant + and No Rinse....well...I guess that’s most of the product line! I have a sample of the wash and look forward to trying the new Spray Wax and QD. Just upgraded from the PC to a Flex and looking into a Mytee II extractor and possibly an enclosed trailer, water tank, etc.

I look forward to learning and participating here, best of luck to everyone in 08.

-Paul B

Hi Charlie, thanks for the welcome. I post over on the Danase forums under the handle 1f1fan.

Good to see you here. I'm hoping this summer to have some time to try home brewing thanks to the info you posted up over at Bob's forums. How do you like the Flex so far?

By the way, I've got the Aztec HWE and have been pretty happy with it's performance since purchasing it. Only issue I've had is that there's a bad thermocouple in the solution tank so it will boil the water if not turned off at the appropriate time, not a big deal really. I've also got the TR5 from Vapor Clean Systems and if I had to do it over again I would get a vapor cleaner (not necessarily from vaporcleanproducts.com) first just because it works wonders for cleaning the interior's cracks and crevices (especially the corners of gooey cupholders) and does a decent job with carpets as well.

Good to see you here. I'm hoping this summer to have some time to try home brewing thanks to the info you posted up over at Bob's forums. How do you like the Flex so far?

By the way, I've got the Aztec HWE and have been pretty happy with it's performance since purchasing it. Only issue I've had is that there's a bad thermocouple in the solution tank so it will boil the water if not turned off at the appropriate time, not a big deal really. I've also got the TR5 from Vapor Clean Systems and if I had to do it over again I would get a vapor cleaner (not necessarily from vaporcleanproducts.com) first just because it works wonders for cleaning the interior's cracks and crevices (especially the corners of gooey cupholders) and does a decent job with carpets as well.

Sure thing Charlie, let me know how it goes. If you have any brewing questions just let me know, I'll be glad to help.

I really like the Flex. Very easy to control and changing the speed of the machine is a breeze. Good correction abilities at speed 4-5 and LSP application with a blue CCS pad on lower speeds is a breeze. I just wish there were more options for backing plates. I would like to use the low profile 5" pads Bob has on my Flex, but if I need them to get into tight areas I'll just grab the PC.

Thanks for the info on the HWE and the vapor cleaner. There is a local carpet cleaning supply place that has given me excellent service and can get the Mytee for me. Having that support locally in case something breaks is a big factor for me. Sounds like I'll have to look into vapor cleaners before I make my final decision though.

-Paul

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Hey Paul, glad to see you finally registered here...hehe! Anyway, thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Since I've only been full-time with my business for just over 5 months, I know how hard it is to get started.

By the way, welcome to the board!

Archived