Driven Auto Detail: 2007 Saturn Aura

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Guest Driven Auto Detail

This car belongs to the wife of one of my good friends.

The vehicle was first washed with Optimum Car Wash. After the wash, it was apparent that it needed a good clay bar treatment. There was a lot of very noticeable rail dust stuck in the paint. After claying, I turned on the halogens to reveal virtually no swirls. Fortunately, my friend makes sure that his wife does not run it through the automatic car wash. The paint received Optimum Poli-Seal via my new Flex. After polishing, I applied Optimum Opti-Seal (x2) to all paint and glass surfaces. Tires received Optimum Tire Shine.

Moving to the inside, all plastic & leather surfaces were cleaned with water & Woolite and then dressed with Optimum Protectant Plus. The carpets and mats were vacuumed, pre-treated with Folex, and then steam cleaned.

Sorry, no before pictures.

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

I must agree that I also like the interior seat color as well....gives the car a more distinctive appearance as opposed to like a gray interior lol.

Great job on the detail, Mike, I can't get over how much I like the striped carpet on the interior!

Yep, great looking car, in and out, and a great job on the detail also :thumbsupup[1]:

If I could point one thing out for the future details is to make sure you clean the pedal pads. It's a detail that most detailers overlook but it's something that if done can really finish off an interior detail. Always remember that the cleaner an area is the more something not done or not finished stands out. Usually a toothbrush with some cleaner cleans up pedal pads quickly, always keep a towel underneath to catch dirty runoff, and make sure you don't use any dressing on the pedals!! :police[1]:

Great work,

Anthony

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Thanks Anthony! I'll definitely start hitting the pedals. I guess you could consider those the wheel wells of the interior. Thanks for the input!

Archived