Ron Harris

Optimum Gloss-Coat

Yes it does.  This is straight from Optimum. 'Optimum Gloss-Coat™ provides better scratch and mar resistance, better UV resistance, better chemical etch resistance, and has better release properties than any other consumer product while providing unsurpassed gloss and slickness. "

I just finished my gloss coat yesterday.  It was hard to see the flashing due to the poor lighting in my garage, but I'm confident I covered it all completely.  I went over the roof and hood a second time to make sure I had decent coverage.

In a video, it was said to opti-seal it after 8 hours to protect it during the full cure.  He said it will shed the opti-seal within a week.

Does that mean that using opti-seal is pointless after it's fully cured, or does it only shed it during the initial curing phase?

42 minutes ago, gsgleason said:

I just finished my gloss coat yesterday.  It was hard to see the flashing due to the poor lighting in my garage, but I'm confident I covered it all completely.  I went over the roof and hood a second time to make sure I had decent coverage.

In a video, it was said to opti-seal it after 8 hours to protect it during the full cure.  He said it will shed the opti-seal within a week.

Does that mean that using opti-seal is pointless after it's fully cured, or does it only shed it during the initial curing phase?

Well, using Opti-Seal as a topper isn't exactly pointless because it will keep being shed, you would just need to reapply weekly.  Same goes for Optimum Car Wax.  The Opti-Seal in this case is insurance while the coating is curing.  The best topper is Hyper Seal, which can be used in place of Opti-Seal now!   https://www.opticoat.com/product/opti-coat-hyper-seal-16-oz/

On 6/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, gsgleason said:

Only needs one hour before Opti-Seal application.

Gloss-Coat like all ceramics will shed wax/sealants (except Hyper Seal), but depending on driving conditions they may last several weeks and if used with every wash, they do provide extra protection.

What is the best way to store the remaining Gloss Coat ?  It may be awhile before I can fully prep car 2 so I need to properly store it so it doesn't dry out or harden.  Refrigerator?