Paint Correction - best choice for DA polisher

Paddy

Hi all,

Its been a while since I've been here, but need some advice.

I've a 2004 Black/pearl Toyota Corolla. I've had it about 9 months now. When I first washed the car I got the fully extent of how poor a condition the paint was in. I have tried to improve the paint by hand and to some extent have, but its not enough.

With spring fast approaching and my birthday before then, I'm looking to get a dual action polisher. :thumbsupup[1]:

The car suffers from from light to medium swirl marks on every panel. A couple of panels also have some holograms.

There is a lot of choice out there, but from using ONR, opti-seal, and poli-seal I really trust the Optimum brand and so will be using one of their products with my polisher.

My question is what to use?

Optimum Polish

Optimum Compound

Optimum Hyper-Compound

Should I go for the compound, and then finish with polish or should I hit it with the Hyper?

Thanks for any advice.

Paddy

Hi all,

Its been a while since I've been here, but need some advice.

I've a 2004 Black/pearl Toyota Corolla. I've had it about 9 months now. When I first washed the car I got the fully extent of how poor a condition the paint was in. I have tried to improve the paint by hand and to some extent have, but its not enough.

With spring fast approaching and my birthday before then, I'm looking to get a dual action polisher. :thumbsupup[1]:

The car suffers from from light to medium swirl marks on every panel. A couple of panels also have some holograms.

There is a lot of choice out there, but from using ONR, opti-seal, and poli-seal I really trust the Optimum brand and so will be using one of their products with my polisher.

My question is what to use?

Optimum Polish

Optimum Compound

Optimum Hyper-Compound

Should I go for the compound, and then finish with polish or should I hit it with the Hyper?

Thanks for any advice.

Paddy

I went through the same thing last October when I bought my DA. I bought a sample pack of Optimum Hyper-Comound, Compound, and Polish in four ounce bottles and a four ounce bottle of Poli-Seal because I had no idea which I would need. The four of them only cost $20-30 or so.

I ended up using Compound on an orange Lake Country pad and Poli-Seal on a white pad. My car looks MUCH better but looking back, I should have used Hyper Compound on the orange and Polish on the white. I didn't realize my clear coat was so dang hard. I was able to get rid of most of the swirling with compound but would have gotten more had I use Hyper Compound. I also should have used Polish rather than Poli-Seal, again just due to how rock hard my clear coat is. Oh well, I will know next time. You would probably be best suited like I did to by a sample pack of all four or maybe just Hyper Compound, Compound and Polish - maybe hold off on Poli-Seal (though it does make a really nice All in One for Opti-Seal).

Thanks guys.

I think I'll get the Hyper and the compound. I've already got some SR1.

I'll choose an 'average' panel on my car then work my way up in strength until I get the results I'm looking for. I'll then use that on the rest of the car.

Thanks again

Archived