Product news?

Bence

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anthony, when can we expect the new WOWA sealant and the finishing polish on the market?

We are hoping to get the new sealant out by the end of February but as with all things Optimum we want to make sure it works as promised.

I can tell you that durability will be unreal.....two years ago I applied it to a Maserati hood and it is still there. Each time I wash it I know exactly where I applied it because the water behaves differently on those areas. Now this is on a car that has been washed by me, by the dealer, it's been to the body shop also yet the product appears to still be there.

I have added no boosters, no QD and no OCW in those 2 years. That's how long the Opti-Seal has been in testing, for 2 years now. We are now discussing materials to be used in application as different materials give different results and we are also looking at various ways to dispense the product. I really want the product to be outstanding, as does David and Ron, so we don't want to release it unless it's working to our expectations and we are getting closer with each beta sample.

The surface is now very slick when at first it wasn't and it produces some nice gloss when at first it didn't. So as you can see we are close to our final tweaks.

These pictures I am posting here are a first in a few ways.

1) This is the Optimum sealant, our last beta version on a Basalt black Porsche Cayenne Turbo

2) The Porsche Cayenne is an 08. I detailed around 15 of these new 08's for press release. I am told they are the only ones in the USA.

08bsltblkcaywz5.jpg

08cayoptsealiu9.jpg

08cayturbobu8.jpg

The clear on these Cayennes is very hard and a real PIA to correct. They are finished out with a different clear process than on the 911's, which is a softer clear and a dream to work on in terms of correction.

As for the new finishing polish......it will be out after the sealant. All attention is on the sealant at the moment and then the finish polish will be worked.

Thanks for the interest and questions Bence, take care

Anthony

I am also interested in the WOWO sealant and so far sounds like it will be fantastic. saw you mentioned a new finishing polish, can you give an insights how it compares to the newest OP ? great forum btw as there is finally a place to learn more on Opt products and catch up on the latest products. nice job guys

mmmmmkay. Big dumb gear head no understand meaning of WOWA! :lol: I get that is is a sealant. I thought poly-seal was a sealant? What is different about this other product?

Will the finishing polish be the same consistancy as the OP or will it be in a solid form, like a wax?

Thaks Anthony, great news!

flatstick, it is WOWA, not WOWO. And that means Wipe On Walk Away. The new sealant uses the new extreme fine abrasive which is already part of the OPS powder package. So, it is finer than OP.

Some years ago, back at the end of 04, David, Ron and I talked about making a polymer sealant that will outlast all others but we wanted it to be unique as I personally hated waiting the lengthy time (20 minutes to an hour) that most polymers required for proper bonding before they could be wiped off and even then some of them were a real pain to try and remove so we talked about a sealant that you could just wipe on and then watch it evaporate..hence "Wipe On Walk Away" (WOWA).

Zaino just recently released something very similar to what we have been working on which they call Clear Seal. It has been a big hit for them with reported durability of 3 months or so. With our sealant we have been getting over a year so far in terms of durability. Ours is almost ready but again just a few things we want to address before we do.

As for the Optimum fine polish.....I wanted a final polish that would work like FPII, zero dust and finish swirl free with a rotary yet not cost as much. So when will it be ready?? I have no idea just when but it will be after the sealant and one other product that's just getting some tweaks.

We'll be sending out beta samples to some of the Optimum forum members of all new products and also new tweaks.

Anthony

Anthony,

I jealous of you being involved in all these cool Optimum products. Its awesome. It goes to show how much you love your profession. Keep up the great work. I'd like a sample hehehe.

Heath

Anthony,

I jealous of you being involved in all these cool Optimum products. Its awesome. It goes to show how much you love your profession. Keep up the great work. I'd like a sample hehehe.

Heath

yeah man! I want some samples too! :D

On second thought, let me use up my many gallons of products first. :(:lol::lol:;):P

Anthony,

Heath

Heath and tdekany.....

We will choose members to send samples to by way of drawing their names this way everyone gets the chance to try something out....well at least those who wish to test products.

I think the sealant is ready to be sent to the next step of packaging so it won't be long now until it is ready for release but we will first send out a few samples so we can get some feedback from others as well.

The cost should be around $25.00 for, I think, 16oz and an ounce might be used per application.....give or take a nano-amount.

I'll announce when we are ready to send samples.

Thanks guys,

Anthony

First sorry about the typo , I meant to type wowa as in the Opt version of clear seal. also excited about the news on the new polish. with these two products added to the line up Optimum will be on top IMO. considering the prices that Opt sells for and the results achieved, it is a detailers dream. looking forward to the new sealant since you first mentioned it on another forum. it sounds like what I would want use for my customers and with great durability , it is a no brainer. the polish with finer abrasives in it is a great surprise and I look forward to it's release. any samples that can been sent out to the members here would be a great gesture. thanks for everybody's hard work making this forum possible.

I use Optimum products everyday and to have a wowa sealant would be a godsend. This has to be the most anticipated product(in my mind) of the year. I agree with flatstick samples would be awesome.

Archived