No Rinse

I was going through some pictures and found this one.

What are your thoughts regarding the No Rinse and the impact it has on our environment?

Do you feel like your helping cut water pollution or do you just dump the water in the street when you’re done?

100_2718.jpg

Ron,

I hope no one is pouring the wash water in the storm drains or on the street where it ends up in the storm drains. This would defeat the whole purpose of using the No Rinse. I just hate the idea of drinking coffee in the morning with a dose of car washing grime.

For the past year, I have only washed with No Rinse and I always empty the waste water into the sewage where it gets treated. In Australia the EPA there has a fine of 800 Aussy dollars (roughly $650) for individuals allowing the soapy wash water into storm drains and the fine is doubled for pros. Right now actually because of drought conditions car washing with a hose is completely banned there.

One other point that might be worth mentioning is that people can always pre-rinse before washing with No Rinse if they feel there is a need for it. However, there in no need to rinse afterwards with No Rinse. Either way the lubricating polymers in the No Rinse do a better job of protecting the finish than a conventional car soap.

"When Anthony or I No Rinse a car we just dump the water in the flower bushes or the grass"

That should work great since dirt filters out contaminants from the wash water. Pouring it on grass is also recommended by EPA in Australia as a means to discarding wash water and watering the lawn AIO.

I do the same, I just pour it in the grass. At regular customer's homes or offices, I pour it in the same spot each time and there is no difference in the way the grass looks compared to the rest of their lawn. To me, that is a very good sign that there is nothing toxic in ONR.

Archived