OCW on a newly applied Gloss Coat

Magellan

Hi gurus,

Apologies if this has been asked, I looked but could not find anything.

Sorry for the newbie question.

I have just had Opti Gloss Coat applied and now 24-30 hours on I am wondering if it safe to use OCW to clean the layer of dust/small bugs that appeared after driving it from the detailed to home? I understand that full cure is 7 days and no 'chemicals' are to be used on the coating before then?

Thank you in advance. Loving the OPT products!

Welcome and feel free to ask anything, we were all newbies once upon a time. Optimum recommends not using any product with solvents (soap) for 7 days to allow the chemical resistant component of Opti-Coat Pro to cure. You can wet a microfiber in No Rinse to gently remove bugs but really should hold off cleaning for that time period.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/14/2015 at 10:39 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

Welcome and feel free to ask anything, we were all newbies once upon a time. Optimum recommends not using any product with solvents (soap) for 7 days to allow the chemical resistant component of Opti-Coat Pro to cure. You can wet a microfiber in No Rinse to gently remove bugs but really should hold off cleaning for that time period.

Hi, I am a new member with the same question.  I had Opti-Coat Pro applied yesterday to my new Tesla Model S and I will make a 250 mile drive tomorrow in Texas which will surely result in a bug-splattered car.  I will be home exactly one week after Opti-Coat Pro application.   Should I just wait until I get back in a week to do the bug removal and a full cleaning or gently use ONR to spot-remove the bugs as you describe 2-3 days after Opti-Coat Pro treatment?  I just worry about leaving the bug splatter on for too long but I don't want to use ONR before the recommended 7 days have passed.  Thanks!

On 12/04/2018 at 6:27 PM, Lowejackson said:

A towel soaked in ONR can also remove a lot of stubborn bugs

What I meant to say was placing a ONR soaked towel on the bugs for a few minutes can remove a lot.  Power Clean is also good a removing bugs.

Archived