Salt and OCP

Enilder

I have OCP applied to my entire car and wheels about 9 months ago, and wondering how durable it is against salt sprays off the truck. I've had countless instances where I drive by one of those trucks and haven't seen any visible damages on any cars I owned in the past (No OCP).

OCP is supposed to be harder than clearcoat AFAIK but still curious if you have any idea (i.e. OCP vs. salt spray off the truck). I will have to wash my car to see if I see any visible damages. If damages are done, what do you guys recommend to do?

Road salt should not damage OCP but removing it can be problematic. Spraying or power washing can safely remove salt. A No Rinse wash, using lots of solution to encapsulate the salt and rinsing your wash media frequently should protect your coating. Careful washing and you won't have to do anything to maintain the look of your vehicle.

Road salt should not damage OCP but removing it can be problematic. Spraying or power washing can safely remove salt. A No Rinse wash, using lots of solution to encapsulate the salt and rinsing your wash media frequently should protect your coating. Careful washing and you won't have to do anything to maintain the look of your vehicle.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't really concerned about road salt itself but direct impact on OCP by salt sprays off of the truck. I cringed a bit as I was driving by...it sounded like my car was getting machine gunned.

I hope the impact from salt has no effect on your coating. Sometimes in Memphis they put sand on the highways and that can be murder on you finish...sounds like boulders hitting your car. A coated car for sure has better protection from salt than basic clear coat.

Archived