Polish for Soft coat paint ?

buja

I have been thinking whether to get the Optimum Polish or Optimum Compound for some light swirls on the family's mitsubishi and honda cars.

It is mostly fine swirls and lines, not too much of medium or severe ones.

I was initially thinking of getting a meguiars g220 (something like the pc / udm) , but think i might end up with the flex. hopefully the flex will be more efficient with the optimum products. or should i just stick to the cheaper and "weaker" meguiars DA ?

so yeah should I go straight for the compound, or would it be an overkill on my soft paint ? really in a dilemma now, and i'm not too keen in getting both...

i'll probably get lc ccs orange, white and grey pads for this purporse.

would be good to get your advice please.

thanks !

Guest Driven Auto Detail
I have been thinking whether to get the Optimum Polish or Optimum Compound for some light swirls on the family's mitsubishi and honda cars.

It is mostly fine swirls and lines, not too much of medium or severe ones.

I was initially thinking of getting a meguiars g220 (something like the pc / udm) , but think i might end up with the flex. hopefully the flex will be more efficient with the optimum products. or should i just stick to the cheaper and "weaker" meguiars DA ?

so yeah should I go straight for the compound, or would it be an overkill on my soft paint ? really in a dilemma now, and i'm not too keen in getting both...

i'll probably get lc ccs orange, white and grey pads for this purporse.

would be good to get your advice please.

thanks !

Since you don't want to get both, just go with OP. Then, you can use your pads to determine the cut level.

Also, I'd definitely go with the Flex even though it is more money. It has far more power than the PC/UDM/G220.

the OP will be good enough for the soft coat paint with fine swirls yeah ?

i hope the orange is good enough or should i consider the yellow too ?

as for the flex, does it take 5 inch lc ccs pads or should I just stick to the 6.5 ?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Yeah, OP is very versatile and with soft paint, you can't get too aggressive. Orange should be the most you need. Again, soft paint you have to be careful not to go too aggressive. For the Flex, you'll need the 6.5" pads.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Honestly, you should do a test spot on the vehicle to determine if the paint is hard or soft. That way, you know exactly what YOU are working on instead of going off of a "general consensus". Start with the least aggressive approach (OP and a grey or white pad). If that doesn't work, step up to something like OP and an orange pad. If you have to go with an orange pad, you may want to follow it up with OP and a grey pad to remove any marring that the orange pad may have caused.

im in a dilemma to choose which machine, something like the pc/udm or the flex ?

bearing in mind the machine will be used on soft coat paints.

however I have been reading that optimum polishes are best used with a rotary or flex which would generate more action and heat...

how how how ?

confused...

Archived