What are the products to use maintain the opti-coat pro coating

XxAkaraxX

I currently use standard optimum products, including ocw, paint prep before waxing, opti spray wax and optimum detailer spray after every wash.

Can you please advise whether i will need to or better off with applying opti spray wax every 2-3 months if i have an opti-coat pro applied to my car?

Then also do I need to apply detailer spray after every wash if i have the opti-coat pro applied to my car?

I have no experience of any of the OPT coatings but my understanding is you can use a wax/qd/sealant if you wish but it is not necessary. You do seem to be using a lot of products every time you wash. Most of the time I use OCW after washing.

I only use optimum car wash shampoo, and then apply qd for the panel every two weeks.

I also do car wash > paint prep > wax every two months. Then also fine claybar every 6-8 months.

I have recently introduced ferrex. I will use it on wheels every 4months.

• 1 month later...

As far as waterless products go, would opti-clean mask some of the gloss and hydrophobic qualities of gloss coat? I am in love with waterless method and have moved over from CQUK to optigloss because it simply looks much better, easier to use, lasts longer (doesnt require a sealant to maintain..). I have been on the ultima waterless bus for a while, but would love to switch over to opti clean, hoping that it will not effect these qualities and the durability of my beautiful gloss coat look.

Any suggestions? Just want to make sure that it will work perfectly before i pick up a gallon of the beautiful opti clean!

Perfect, thanks, cant wait for my gallon to come in. Thinking of sticking with 3:1, for the extra emulsification effect. No effect on longevity, I assume as all OPT products seem to be very well balanced. Just want to make the process as simple as possible: decon, polish, gloss coat and clean regularly with opti-clean, with the odd 2 bucket of OPT car wash when things get nasty! Should make life a breeze!

Thanks Ron!

• 7 months later...

I'm getting my truck back tomorrow, having the Pro+ Installed now. First time trying one of the coating products after hearing about them for a few years. I have a whole bunch of Zaino Z-6 and Z-8 that I use on some show vehicles, would that be Ok to use on top of the Pro+ after washing? I don't want to do anything to hurt the coating. If I need to buy the Optimum detailing product I will, just thought I would try what I already have and have had success with first if it's ok to use with no ill effects.

As much as we want to sell Optimum products (hint), Z6 and Z8 will not harm your Coated vehicle. You will find they do not have the same durability as on a non Coated car, but that's true of all waxes, detailers, sealants.

Archived