HyperCompund and HyperPolish

SGT-Inky

I got both to prep before applying Opti-Gloss to my POV truck, my POV motorcycle, and my work vehicle. My question is about the trigger spray nozzles. I ordered from a vendor on Amazon and both bottles came with the factory seal and then with two nozzles. The first time I used them when polished my truck, one nozzle completely broke in my hand before it even primed in the compound. The second nozzle worked for about half of the truck and then nothing. At this point I finished the job by just pouring a bit out onto a rag and dabbing the area I was working on and using the polisher. With the polish I just used the rag/dab for the entire truck because I had already used the second nozzle, that had quit working, in the compound. So I reached out to the vendor and they shipped me two new nozzles. I started to prep my motorcycle and the first replacement nozzle never primed in the compound and the second worked in a stream only even when the thing was barely open and should have been more of a mist. I happened to have more nozzles, since I was at home this time, and was able to get the polish to work fairly well but would have to turn the spray setting if/when it locked up and then it would work again.

My question is:

Is there a recommended nozzle that will work with these, HyperCompound and HyperPolish ( I know there is as I know OPT wouldn't accept this lack of functionality) and if so, where can I get them? I don't expect to need to use this stuff any time soon since all of my vehicles are coated with Opti Gloss but don't want to be fighting this issue again. I could reach out to the vendor again but they already sent me four nozzles that were essentially useless.

My truck, motorcycle, and work car look outstanding now! Very happy with the products themselves! Just aggravated by some stupid nozzles. I was able to Opti Gloss my 2001 Ford Ranger, 2008 Honda CBR1000rr, and a 2009 Honda Fit with 10cc of the Opti Gloss. I also got and applied Opti Glass to the two cars this weekend and my shower doors. Again, VERY happy with the OPT stuff!

I believe Chris Thomas's advice with the sprayers is "spray it like you mean it" which is to say, don't do small partial sprays, give it a full stroke, decisive spray. I think the other key is to make sure you have the nozzle screwed open far enough when you do that.

I would LOVE to spray it like I mean it but need nozzles that will prime and not clog. The one nozzle that I was trying to prime using my Kung-Fu grip just shattered in my hand and was left holding plastic pieces and a spring. I am looking at getting the Glass Cleaner and may just go with the concentrate and use my own squirt bottle. I'll just buy one of the ZEP ones they have at Menards. They seem to be more heavy-duty than most.

Only thing I want/need is to know if there is somewhere I can get the spray nozzles that will work. The product itself was/is great and worked flawlessly. The included nozzles not so much. I figure the vendor just buys the bottles in bulk and then the nozzles separate from a cheaper supplier. The cheap nozzles don't perform to standard.

I can confirm that Optimum buys special, upgraded nozzles for Hyper products, but we do sometimes have issues with them. This may be why OPT has the only spray polish/compounds on the market, because the product is necessarily thick and difficult to atomize. Having said that I used both Hyper products last weekend with no nozzle problems. I do remove the basket filter on the bottom of the sprayer to avoid clogging...and shake the ever loving you know what out of the bottle to ensure proper mix.

Archived