Water Restrictions--Rinseless/Waterless White Papers?

Setec Astronomy

Unless we have a lot of precipitation here in NJ this winter, it looks like by spring we will be in a Drought Emergency, which entails mandatory water use restrictions like no lawn watering, no pavement washdown, and no CAR WASHING. Since the imposition of the Drought Emergency is usually by a Gubernatorial Executive Order, I'm trying to get ahead of this and see if I can suggest some wording in the order to allow for rinseless or waterless washing.

Since I'm sure to bureaucrats, car washing is car washing, I wondered if OPT has addressed this issue before and whether there is a White Paper of some sort outlining what rinseless/waterless is, how it differs from a traditional wash, how much water is used/saved.

Keep in mind that I'm sure the bureaucratic answer is "take your car to a commercial car wash" which recycles the water and are exempted from first-stage water use restrictions, so I'd like to have some ammunition. Ron, anything like that available?

There are no "white papers" that I'm aware of and it's not been an issue in states with long term water bans. Dann Williams was a mobile detailer in San Diego and never had any problem explaining ONR to authorities. And I suspect California is more strict than any other state.

Ron, this sounds like a good opportunity for someone to put together a marketing (semi-technical) document to help consumers avoid getting into trouble during a water shortage coupled with the advantages of using OPT products and provide some evidence should someone in authority question someone using ONR or Opti-Clean

Ron, this sounds like a good opportunity for someone to put together a marketing (semi-technical) document to help consumers avoid getting into trouble during a water shortage coupled with the advantages of using OPT products and provide some evidence should someone in authority question someone using ONR or Opti-Clean

Yeah, that's what I was hoping...but I'm trying to get the Executive Order worded such that if I was questioned, I could simply show that I was using a rinseless wash which is exempted by the order...rather than trying to argue with the constabulary that I'm not really "washing" when washing is prohibited.

I have a feeling that would require actual lobbying which isn't really my bailiwick.

Archived