How do you prime the pad with Hyper-Polish?

gspam1

All the videos show a light spray on the pad which wouldn't come close to covering the entire pad surface like you would with most polishes that you spread around completely when first priming the pad.  I did the roof of my van and wet the pad by running it on a clean cloth soaked in ONR before spraying Hyper-Polish.   I didn't want to use a dry pad. 

What bad thing happens if I coat the entire surface of a fresh pad in Hyper-Polish?

Thanks!

I start with 2 sprays on the pad, tap tap tap on the surface sized about 40 x 40 cm, speed 2 to cover the polish on the surface and that primes it. I then use speed 3-4 on my DA to polish.

The problem with Hyper polish is that you have to clean the pad often...If you keep spraying the polish and dont clean it every now and then the pad gets overloaded with polish and especially lubricants and the polish doesnt cut as much. Ive just polished a car during the weekend using Intensive polish and Hyper polish and really the best result was after I cleaned the pads. The overloaded pad still cut but left some swirls behind so I had to do another 1-2 passes which is extra work.

If you have a pad washer use that to clean the pad, if you dont spray on pure Power clean or mixed 3:1 and massage the polish out of the pad under running water. Put the pad on the machine, set to speed 3, put it into a bucket you are not using and turn it on, start with speed 3 then move to speed 6 and back to speed 3. The centrifugal force will remove most water leaving behind a damp pad ready for 1-2 sprays of Hyper polish or some other polish.

I hope it helps!

For the first use, one spray on pad, then use half spray per panel 2x2', Hyper Polish is a product that is very elastic (looks oily), excess product makes it difficult to remove, remember less is more. I read this somewhere and it has worked very well for me so far.

Archived