MDR diluted 4:1?

Kiddetailer

I read in a post by yvan where he stated MDR can be diluted 4:1 to decontaminate a surface that may have minerals clinging on to the surface. He was referring to a coating that may have lost its water sheeting characteristics.  

Is this effective on water spots? Or just surface contaminated with minerals? 4 parts water:1 part MDR?

There's not a simple answer here - water spots can be so pesky!  Some light water spots can be removed with the 4:1 mixture, others will take 100% MDR.  We have found letting the MDR dwell, sometimes as long as 20 minutes, can facilitate the cleaning.  Yes, the ratio is 4 parts water to 1 part MDR.

• 2 years later...
On 6/30/2017 at 4:48 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

There's not a simple answer here - water spots can be so pesky!  Some light water spots can be removed with the 4:1 mixture, others will take 100% MDR.  We have found letting the MDR dwell, sometimes as long as 20 minutes, can facilitate the cleaning.  Yes, the ratio is 4 parts water to 1 part MDR.

Great to hear MDR can be let to dwell on the surface for 20 minutes. That's really awesome, try that with some other acid soap/cleaner haha, you'll be in for a repair. I'm guessing that, since it's a gel, it won't dry out as easily? What's OPT's vision on applying MDR in the sun?

Also, the MSDS states that MDR has a pH of 2.65. So sounds like MDR has a lot of power, just needs some time, which is avsolutely no bad thing.

Gosh, I'm so excited for OPT-products right now 😀. I get the feeling, that, the combination of PowerClean, Ferrex, and MDR is the power-combo for decontamination one needs. Get rid of that freaking clay, induce minimal marring to the car.

Yes, you can use MDR in the sun.  Optimum and Dr G are not huge fans of clay (he feels it's used way more than necessary and causes undue marring).  It is necessary sometimes and we sell it in various forms, but really concentrate on chemical decontamination.  FYI, there are several good youtube videos on chemical decontam by Yvan/Rag Company:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvNuKaQ0gtk