Hyper seal or opti seal on gloss coat?

Jasol

18 hours ago, Blue Dream said:

Would Gloss Coat then OS topped with HS be a good idea or overkill?  If it would all be compatible sounds like a brilliant shine would result.

Yes, that is overkill. 

Opti Seal is often used an hour after Gloss Coat to protect it while it cures. Hyper Seal is the better choice for a drying aid or 'maintenance' product due to it being formulated for use on coated cars. 

Neither product is really needed after Gloss Coat has cured, but Hyper Seal is the better choice. Using all three won't provide extra gloss. 

Thanks for the advice.  Finished my long exterior detail yesterday using Opt.  Primer Polish, Gloss Coat and Opti-Seal.  Pretty happy with the results.  Will the GC get  more depth and shine as it cures?  I had a deeper, wetter look using my old sealant; Jescar Power Lock Plus on top of Megs 205.  I will say the OS is pretty amazing, super easy to apply and the level in the bottle didn't seem to change at all as I was using it.  I have already ordered the HS and can't wait to use it as well.

all Optimum Coatings gain depth and shine as they cure - 48 hours after application the look should improve.  I believe you can apply Hyper Seal over Opti-Seal (Optimum has not tested) but agree there is minimal change in shine...overkill.

Hyper-Seal is much gummier to apply.  Works great on paint, but I don't like it on windows.   Whereas Opti-Seal can go right over the windows without issue.    A little Opti-Seal goes a long way, but I think that is doubly true for Hyper-Seal.  Seems to have more resin in it.  Happy with both products but I now am careful around windows with Hyper-Seal or I have to get a fresh cloth and buff it out.

5 hours ago, gspam1 said:

Hyper-Seal is much gummier to apply.  Works great on paint, but I don't like it on windows.   Whereas Opti-Seal can go right over the windows without issue.    A little Opti-Seal goes a long way, but I think that is doubly true for Hyper-Seal.  Seems to have more resin in it.  Happy with both products but I now am careful around windows with Hyper-Seal or I have to get a fresh cloth and buff it out.

As someone who has yet to try Hyper Seal, that's really good to know. 

Optimum Car Wax and Opti-Seal are so good I'm struggling to move on to something else. 

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I talked to tech folks at Opti this morning and asked about which coatings other than Opti coatings could be applied on the Opti Coat Pro Plus.   This led us into talking about SiO2 products and that any of them would be shed off of Pro Plus within 30 days.   Then I asked him if Opti Seal and or Opti Hyper had SiO2 and he said yes.  So why would we be using Hyper Seal any longer if it will be shed off within the next 30 days?   He said it is for more shine.   Please answer if all or any of the above is accurate.  Thank you.  

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2018 at 10:19 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

I stand corrected, traditional process was to add Opti-Seal over Coatings 1 hour later.  Hyper Seal being a different animal, Optimum recommends waiting 12 hours because it can effect curing.

Here we are almost 4 years after this post. With the new formulas of both HS and GC is it now “safe” to use HS 1 hour after GC application? Or is OS still the seal of recommendation? I am Gloss Coating a truck tomorrow and have both OS and new HS. I’m leaning towards the OS just for $$ savings and doing this whole process for my brother in law for free other than him buying the GC.  But for my own vehicles or others that pay is there a choice now?

Side note: for first time I've noticed how much different the older Hyper-Seal formula smells compared to the new formula.  The New formula has a very strong ammonia odor; no problem wrt a car paint's finish, but perhaps using it on acrylic and other similar surfaces could be a bad idea as ammonia clouds many plastics.