Is OCW a good "single wax" product? (not a detailer)

garya505

5 hours ago, Dion said:

Just want to add my 2 cents. I will NEVER use another spray wax other than OCW unless Optimum comes out with a new version. I have used a multitude of other spray waxes and have yet to find a spray wax that gives me the level of clarity and protection that OCW does. Not sure how true this is, but it's almost like  OCW needs time to cure because after a couple of hours the car looks better than it did when I first applied it. It seems as if the paint goes through a transformation of sorts.  I understand that my paint is in exceptional condition but the clarity and depth that I get are unparalleled. I still have the other waxes that I  purchased but they will NEVER be used again, I want to give them away but I feel guilty that I would knowingly be giving someone inferior products. :D

From my experience, OCW is the best out there hands down.

My Rinseless Wash Routine:

• Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax(1 bucket, distilled water, and the Big Red Sponge)
  • 2 Rag Company Platinum Pluffle Towels (Drying)
  • OCW as the drying aid(1 spray per panel)

Mid Week

• Opti-Clean 
  • 2 Rag Company Eagle Edgeless 600gsm Towel
  • Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer(1 spray per panel)(probably not necessary but I love the look)

Standard Wash:

• Optimum Power Clean (Wheels and Tires)
  • Optimum Car Wash (Foam Cannon)
  • 2 bucket wash Method
  • Deionized Rinse
  • Blow Dry
  • Optimum Car Wax(Eagle Edgeless 500 gsm towel)
  • Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss(600 gsm Eagle Edgeless towels)

Thanks Dion, I'm about to get some OCW so this is great to know.

Can I ask why you use OCW before Instant Detailer instead of the other way around in your standard wash routine?  After you apply OCW, how much time do you wait for it to cure before applying Instant Detailer?

On 10/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, Dion said:

Not sure how true this is, but it's almost like  OCW needs time to cure because after a couple of hours the car looks better than it did when I first applied it. It seems as if the paint goes through a transformation of sorts.

The first time I used OCW I noticed the same thing. After the initial application I wasn't all that excited with the results but when I went back outside after about an hour the depth of color seemed to increase and the clarity of reflection seemed better.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:53 PM, avimore said:

Can I ask why you use OCW before Instant Detailer instead of the other way around in your standard wash routine?  After you apply OCW, how much time do you wait for it to cure before applying Instant Detailer?

I can't speak for Dion but I use the OID after OCW because it's slicker and seems to provide more gloss. Also the OPT website says "Use Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer to maintain the gloss and boost the protection of Optimum Car Wax."

As stated in other posts I use OID mixed with about 20% OCW to maintain the full wax I do about every month or so.

This seems to work great as the products mix really well together, but I don't have the issue some people get where they apply too much product and it smears. No matter how much I use when drying the car I have zero issues of any kind. 

I absolutely love OCW and any issues with durability are FAR outweighed by the ease of just adding another layer of it.

• 4 months later...

Well I've been using OCW for about a year now and the results have been good with one exception.  One of our cars picked up some water spots, and I don't know the reason except for the car dealer's car wash may have left some residue that we didn't wash off right away.  I managed to get the spots off by using a little more OCW than usual and a lot of elbow grease. Now I'm just wondering if any of you has a good solution for preventing water spots when using OCW as the primary wax. 

Archived