Did my installer compromise my coat?

axxel6307

Just had the opti coat pro installed and since rain was on the forecast, he applied optiseal over it and said it was ok for rain exposure. I drove it home in the rain about an hour after the ceramic coat was installed. It did not receive any sun exposure to help cure, as it was in his garage all day. I also did NOT hand dry it when I got home. I  let it air dry.

Will my ceramic life be shortened or compromised?

Also, I believe I read on Opticoat.com that standard brush car washes are ok with this, but every pro detailer says it's not. Which is it? Thanks.

Opti seal is a standard practice. Its there to protect the coating while it cures over a period of a month so you are good to go. Check out this video where the entire proces that was also made for your car is very well explained.

10 minutes ago, axxel6307 said:

Also, I'd like to wipe off the rain spots. How should I do that while in my 7 day wash restriction window? Or just leave it?

you can  do a ONR wash. Its safe and wont hurt the coating...

...as for brush washes....The chemicals they use wont hurt the coating (its very pH resistant) but the brushes will scratch the heck out of the paint so I dont suggest it!

If the installer left it in his garage for 12 hours and applied Opti-Seal, rain will be no problem.   Sun/heat has no effect on Coatings cure, it's moisture in the air that causes curing.  A&J is right, car wash chemicals are harsh but will not hurt Opti-Coat Pro, however touch washes will abraid the Coating and will void the warranty.

5 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

If the installer left it in his garage for 12 hours and applied Opti-Seal, rain will be no problem.   Sun/heat has no effect on Coatings cure, it's moisture in the air that causes curing.  A&J is right, car wash chemicals are harsh but will not hurt Opti-Coat Pro, however touch washes will abraid the Coating and will void the warranty.

He and his employee began on the car around 12pm and I drove away around 5pm. Should I be concerned?