Optimum Car Wax (OCW) Issue

lutzjs

I recently tossed a full bottle because of that. The spray tube looks like it had old sticky chewing gum all over it. I had to strip wash the car and start over it spotted the paint so badly. I never thought about heating it up to recover it. Please let us know how it goes. 
for what it’s worth, I called Opti per Ron’s suggestion and they couldn’t have cared less. I was told that I should return it where I purchased it. I assumed they’d want the feedback, and I also mentioned there were others experiencing the same issue. Again, I was instructed to call the retailer for a resolution. 
I figured the legendary customer service left when Yvan left and will likely transition to a new product line when my inventory  runs out. 

I'm sorry you feel that way.  SOP is to ask you to work through the distributor where you made the purchase (and OPT reimburses them), that way if they have a rotation issue, they can fix it.  That is part of their responsibility as a distributor.  If you'd bought from OPT, they would have handled it.

I have tried my remedy with mixed results. I did succeed in cleaning the sides of the jug, but there are still small wax globs floating on top. Globs that appear to spread on the paint ok, though I could see something like streaking in baking sun for instance.
Yes, OPT did steer me towards an exchange but I’m trying not to overthink it.

Final thoughts? They are that I don’t expect the Carnauba to last very long on the paint anyway...and there are other ingredients I want to keep using.

“Some settling may occur” 😂 

On 8/14/2020 at 8:37 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

I'm sorry you feel that way.  SOP is to ask you to work through the distributor where you made the purchase (and OPT reimburses them), that way if they have a rotation issue, they can fix it.  That is part of their responsibility as a distributor.  If you'd bought from OPT, they would have handled it.

Thanks for the reply, Ron! 
Just to be clear, I really don’t care about the refund of a single bottle of wax. It’s more around getting the feedback to the right people. This doesn’t seem to be an isolated incident, so perhaps Dr. G can easily remedy this with a formula tweak, assuming he gets the feedback from the field. I really love the spray wax and hope that I can reliably use it without worrying if it’s going to be a good batch or if it is going to create a lot of extra work for me. I have to date had two bottles (purchased from two separate distributors) with the issue. 

Dr G figured it out (and thanks for the heads up) - our senior production guy was out with the Virus and some procedures got lost.  There are more variables than you think in mixing products - it's not just chemicals, but how much of each, in what order, and how long to mix.  We were allowing too much time to pass from mixing to filling and "actives" were settling, so the last bottles filled got too much of the less mixed product.  It in no way damages your paint, but doesn't spray or spread as well.  It's been corrected in our plant. 

On 8/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Dr G figured it out (and thanks for the heads up) - our senior production guy was out with the Virus and some procedures got lost.  There are more variables than you think in mixing products - it's not just chemicals, but how much of each, in what order, and how long to mix.  We were allowing too much time to pass from mixing to filling and "actives" were settling, so the last bottles filled got too much of the less mixed product.  It in no way damages your paint, but doesn't spray or spread as well.  It's been corrected in our plant. 

Awesome to hear! Will there be a recall of any sorts? Best to go through my retailer? Any ideas when a retailer in Montreal would get the fixed batches? I don't really care about refunds personally, just want to avoid headaches and get the OCW with less settling

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up, Tug. 
For my particular instance, it seemed to be an issue with the mixing as outlined by Ron. One bottle was so bad I had to toss it. I had another bottle that was borderline, but I tried setting it in a pitcher of hot water for about 15 minutes and shaking the bejesus out of it.

My black paint looks amazing at the moment. 

I have started to move away from the super fluffy towels since they seem to lint despite my best efforts. I’m back to a thinner closed loop towel once again. 

• 4 months later...