Yvan Retiring?

Setec Astronomy

On 2/23/2022 at 6:11 PM, Tug Bankert said:

dlc95,

Do you detail professionally or hobby?

Professionally. 

I have my own little business, but haven't tried like I should. This spring I'm going all in with detailing and selling select products that I use online. 

I'm used at a local shop, when I don't have cars of my own to service. It's a high end facility that does tint, ppf, corrections & coatings. While I never discounted the idea that I could do these cars, I regularly work on Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche, McLaren, Audi, as well as domestic vehicles there. I've been there for two years this March. 

I started as a hobbyist in 1996, when I was 19. In 98 I started polishing with a rotary buffer, and I got pretty hooked.

Took some time off as I was teaching and playing drums professionally from. 1997-2007. It was when I stated dating who would become my ex fiancee from 2002-2007 that I took a break. The last year or so we were together I polished her mom's Mazda Protégé and got bitten by the bug again. 

After we broke up, I worked out a deal with my neighbor that I'd keep his cars clean, and he would cut the grass. That was until 2017 when he moved. 

2011 was when I got my first Porter Cable and I fell in love. 2013 I stared doing it on the side for money as I was working at a car wash (the break up hit really hard. I quit my job teaching drums because the ex lived across the street). 2013 when when I got on Autogeek and the whole world opened up. I had been on Autopia and Megs forums as far back as 2007, but mostly spectator. 

Winter of 2014 I bought my own car wash, but the crazt winter put me right out of business. Got another job teaching drums for a bit, and detailed to pay bills. 

Yeah, it's been one heck of an adventure! I wouldn't change a thing. It's been fun!