Ferrari Spyder

Ron and I detailed this 430 Spyder yesterday plus did some small touch up work on the front bumper and then we had a clear bra installed to protect the bumper from further damage.

Our leveling process was a combination of Meguiars 105 and a new Optimum mixture (beta) worked with a Lake Country white pad. Looking back as the day wore on we should have just leveled with a wool pad first then worked back to a LC white.

Optimum Polish with a green pad, FPII with a black finishing pad.

It was finished off with Ron applying Victoria's soon to be released beta paste wax......it's name I have no idea.

Wheels were cleaned and spray waxed, tires dressed with Opti-Bond using a Wagner gun.

Ron tackled the engine and did a great job polishing out the exhaust tank using a combo of Rolite and English Custom.

Interior was cleaned and dressed and was actually pretty clean except for the drive with the top down a lot (of course....who wouldn't with such a fine car??) so it had a good amount of grime in nooks and crannies. The owner tells us that he had never had it detailed since new (it's an 06) but someone, somewhere, left this behind........

F430lidswrls.jpg

F430Fndrswrls.jpg

OH!...... THE HUMANITY!!! :thumbsupup[1]:

He drives it on the track also and here are some of the chips.

F430chps.jpg

Example of the wheels condition.

F430DrtyWh.jpg

The exhaust tank before -

F430tankdrt.jpg

And after Ron polished it, and gave the whole engine area a good once-over -

F430Plshdtnk.jpg

Rear diffuser area....man this area gets nasty.

F430reardfsr.jpg

It was cleaned, dressed with Optimum Protectant + and the pipes were cleaned with Rolite metal polish.

F430Fnshd.jpg

After 7 hours........a great deal of this time was spent laughing it up between Ron and I and our buddies there to install the bumper film...........we were very proud to hand the keys back over to the owner with these results.

F430whlcln.jpg

F430PlshdRnnr.jpg

F430qrtrpnl.jpg

F430Rearlid.jpg

F430side.jpg

F430HoodVictoria.jpg

And lastly......no more dealer swirl hacks :thumbsupup[1]:

F430Fndr.jpg

Anthony

Ron and I detailed this 430 Spyder yesterday plus did some small touch up work on the front bumper and then we had a clear bra installed to protect the bumper from further damage.

Is installing a clear bra something an average hobbyist detailer could do or should that be left for a pro?

Hey thanks again, appreciate the comments.

Is installing a clear bra something an average hobbyist detailer could do or should that be left for a pro?

I would leave that to the pros. It can be very tricky and if you screw up then you'll need to buy a whole new kit and they ain't cheap....even for us who do installs.

Thanks,

Anthony

I'm glad that it was not just my camera that only captured the car in orange.

Guys this car was incredibly red and glossy!

That was a funny joke you told about integrity and the rubber glove Anthony. LOL

Anthony,

THAT looks absolutely awful. In fact I don't think that paint damage can be repaired!

So, umm, tell the owner that he should just go ahead and give the car to me, so that I can put it out of it's misery and preserve your great reputation. I'm even generous enough to come out there and pick the car up from him! :thumbsupup[1]:

UMmm, we tried several avenues to get him to allows us to drive it.....everything from "Hey, we need to spin her around the block so we can remove the excess water" to "OK, now that the final wax is on we must drive it to gauge the reduced drag upon the cars surface!"

Nothing worked, and those were pretty ingenious lines, so I don't think your line will pass either BUT I never thought, "Hey, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" would work either but 20 years later I'm still married to her!! So what do I know?

Anthony

UMmm, we tried several avenues to get him to allows us to drive it.....everything from "Hey, we need to spin her around the block so we can remove the excess water" to "OK, now that the final wax is on we must drive it to gauge the reduced drag upon the cars surface!"

Nothing worked, and those were pretty ingenious lines, so I don't think your line will pass either BUT I never thought, "Hey, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" would work either but 20 years later I'm still married to her!! So what do I know?

Anthony

:cheese1[1]::beerchug[1]:

Well done! Ya can't hate a guy for trying! :cheese1[1]:

Archived