Anybody still alive?

Heijneker

On 1/6/2020 at 6:40 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Optimum is very active on Facebook and that seems to be the media of choice.  I agree that single brand forums are self limiting and add to that (1) much of OPTs emphasis the last few years is on professional only products (those pros have other media sources) and (2) the new products have a more limited scope (Clear Coat Restorer, Gel Coat Restorer, Tire Protection and Coating, etc).  When OPT adds or updates common commercial products, forum interest spikes.  The loss of Dann and Yvan also reduces our media outreach -

Thanks for the reply, Ron!

I agree with you completely, though as they say, the strongest remain. In this case that would be the most experienced regarding the products. So I'm happy to have gotten replies from the people I hoped to.

I'm also sad to see that Dann and Yvan are no longer active part of the team. Though I do think they are still cheering the team on, so to say, so maybe they'll chime in one day. If dr. G could clear some things up, that would be amazing, as I understand he has made a return to the company.

1 hour ago, Aerou said:

Hi. I am newbie, but I would like to say, that I like to take inspiration from everything Optimum - the products, methods, master detailers sharing their practical knowledge (most notably Yvan and Levi from TRC and many others on the facebook group) and use this knowledge, methods, tools and philosophy to take care of all kinds of cars, because all situation can benefit from efficiency, health considerations and ease of use and satisfying results. Even neglected daily cars or the household. Both as a business or regular user.

Hey Aerou,

Seems to me we are on the same page! Maybe I'm not the one to say this but;

Welcome to forum!

Rik

I wanted to make comments on Power Clean, as Heijneker raised the question about product usage from youtube videos.  Power Clean can be used for a variety of surfaces and in different ratios.  Optimum warns against using it at full concentration on glass because if allowed to dry it can etch.  When Yvan applies Power Clean he is always sure rinse thoroughly before it can damage.  Optimum has had bad experiences with customers etching glass and so we taken a hard line to avoid the risk.  On other surfaces if allowed to dry, it might leave a film that can be difficult to remove.  Personally I once used Power Clean at 1:3 on a wood floor and it was a bear to remove the haze. 

Optimum has taken a similar stance on using ceramic coatings on windshields - coatings DO work on glass, but wipers will remove it and it doesn't have the durability we claim for ceramics.  Instead of trying to explain all that, we just suggest no using them on windshields. 

4 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

I wanted to make comments on Power Clean, as Heijneker raised the question about product usage from youtube videos.  Power Clean can be used for a variety of surfaces and in different ratios.  Optimum warns against using it at full concentration on glass because if allowed to dry it can etch.  When Yvan applies Power Clean he is always sure rinse thoroughly before it can damage.  Optimum has had bad experiences with customers etching glass and so we taken a hard line to avoid the risk.  On other surfaces if allowed to dry, it might leave a film that can be difficult to remove.  Personally I once used Power Clean at 1:3 on a wood floor and it was a bear to remove the haze. 

Optimum has taken a similar stance on using ceramic coatings on windshields - coatings DO work on glass, but wipers will remove it and it doesn't have the durability we claim for ceramics.  Instead of trying to explain all that, we just suggest no using them on windshields. 

Ron,

Thanks for the substantial reply. It's now very clear to me that using Optimum Power Clean, straight or slightly diluted, without rinsing afterwards is dangerous. I completely understand it's a difficult matter to explain to people, so thanks for taking the time. Opti-clean might be a better alternative, depending on the application/circumstances, though probably less effective.