Hello from Pittsburgh

Travis94

On 6/8/2020 at 11:35 PM, Habs said:

Yup looks good

my car is so hydrophobic ( gloss coat,hyper seal and wax )that rain clouds  go around it lol 

Your Toyota looks great btw!

Thanks to whoever is following..keeps me motivated. Very impressed with the Gloss Coat, swear my wheels have been getting glossier by the day :) and I decided to get some Opti-Seal just to see how it performs on glass. I know Yvan promotes it as a glass cleaner.

Next week I'll be tackling my car:

20200609-104605.jpg

Finished my car today with Gloss Coat! Turned out awesome. Did something different this time and polished multiple panels with Hyper Polish before going back to wipe off. I feel like you could polish the entire car and have zero issues removing the polish.

First picture is prior to polishing, can see all the defects on the hood. Remaining pictures are the result (don't mind the dirty windows):

20200616-151851.jpg

20200616-232438.jpg

20200616-232450.jpg

20200616-232500.jpg

20200616-232529.jpg

Looks good

optimum spray polish  is so easy  to use  I did one or two panels  on  my honda element  before wiping mainly to see how I was doing ...enjoyable process

Thank you Habs and Heijneker! Realized I induced some scratches on the door pillars during the prep wipedown 😕 but since it's a daily driver I don't plan on fixing it. Should've done a 2-step correction but looks good to me! Still have about 9cc left in the syringe so not sure what's coming next.

• 3 weeks later...

So I had to redo my hood because some blemishes (I think they were water spots) and a gnarly scratch were driving me crazy. Used Meguiar's Compound then Hyper-Polish.

20200706-124421.jpg

20200706-161900.jpg

Also did my cousin's Fusion with help from her husband. Wasn't going for perfection, but the metallic flake POPPED after applying Gloss Coat.

20200708-141932.jpg

20200708-141950.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Ozzcaddy said:

What does your Dad think of his truck now, after detailing and applying a coating?

He appreciated it for sure, but I don't think he can tell a difference....doesn't have that detailer mentality I guess 😂 He is amazed by the ease of washing though.

• 2 weeks later...