OC 3

2 hours ago, digital808 said:

Ok got it.  I have Pro3 in my possession, just haven't applied it yet.  LOL! 

Maybe you can make a video of the water characteristics when you finally apply it.  Would also be interesting to see how it differs with and without the plus top coat that Tug suggests.  

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, one of Youtube's better known Pro Detailers is prepping a pro coating long term test that includes OptiCoat Pro3 (tubes plainly visible as part of product grouping).  It'll be one of his longest tests, given how long OptiCoat products generally last.

Awesome, I just saw too!  Scotthd on YouTube. 

It looks like pro and pro plus are in the test too, as well as lots of other pro coatings. Well I guess I finally get to see what I wished for. 

He has had other coating tests with 5-7 year products and in his conditions they don’t seem to last all that long. So it’ll be interesting to see if Opticoat’s supposed permanence allows it to shine vs others on this test panel. 

Just keep in mind, whether this Scott guy sings opti praises or criticizes, he is not a pro installer. I'm not really sure what credentials he has considering he is new to YouTube and is not well known at all with only 28k subscribers. 

The best way to learn about coatings is talking to actually installers. 

Scott HD appears to follow a very specific test pattern (foam/rinse/foam again/wash with "again" foam/rinse.  Panels are kept facing sun behind his shop, exposed to elements, and rotated 90 degrees while still facing sun.  So far to my knowledge he hasn't tested "driven vehicles" ala Pan the O and Chicago Auto Pros.

2 hours ago, Mr.Outback said:

Scott HD appears to follow a very specific test pattern (foam/rinse/foam again/wash with "again" foam/rinse.  Panels are kept facing sun behind his shop, exposed to elements, and rotated 90 degrees while still facing sun.  So far to my knowledge he hasn't tested "driven vehicles" ala Pan the O and Chicago Auto Pros.

Wonder how he got a hold of Pro/Pro+ or Pro3? According to Opti-Coat contract, authorized installers are not suppose to give away pro coatings and in regards to Pro3, it’s a very exclusive coating.  Someone just did a “NO NO” 

Just took a quick peak at the video!  Lot#’s were scratched out!  LOL!  Will be interesting though to see the test results.