OC 3

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile Scott HD's Youtube channel continues testing both Pro+ and Pro3 along with other pro coatings.  He's at roughly the 7 month mark and both Optimum products, while different, are to him performing well and better than many.

Am curious if PRO3 can be "refreshed" by polishing to remove tunnel car wash scratching (apparently some folks do send their expensive coatings through tunnel car washes)..   Some shops posting on Youtube claim it's possible with their coatings (essentially using very low abrasive polish and ads) but am not sure if that technique will work with multilayer products  (their refreshing work's not covered by warranty)..  

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 1:07 PM, Tug Bankert said:

Considering many opti installers don't offer pro 3 I would tend to agree with that statement. Nevertheless, it works and creates an incredible gloss and I asked Dr. G and he said it is OK to do 

After reading this I cancelled my appointment to have Opt-Coat Pro+ done on my new Sunset Orange Metallic BMW i4-M Sport 40 and made an appointment with a different installer to have the 4 coats of Opti-Coat Pro 3 plus a fifth coat of Pro+ put on, in the hope that I will feel faint after seeing the incredible inner deep glow. I didn't cancel the partial PPF with the first installer. I hope I'm not crazy to be spending so much money, but I keep my cars forever which for me, at 84, might be ten years at most.

46 minutes ago, berchman said:

After reading this I cancelled my appointment to have Opt-Coat Pro+ done on my new Sunset Orange Metallic BMW i4-M Sport 40 and made an appointment with a different installer to have the 4 coats of Opti-Coat Pro 3 plus a fifth coat of Pro+ put on, in the hope that I will feel faint after seeing the incredible inner deep glow. I didn't cancel the partial PPF with the first installer. I hope I'm not crazy to be spending so much money, but I keep my cars forever which for me, at 84, might be ten years at most.

Marvin,

You will not be disappointed with getting the best possible coating that exists. This coating is like getting the most fully loaded car available. Do we really need massaging seats? Nope. But, man, is it cool. The other thing is that whether you own the car or not, someone will; and the coating will endure for the great grandkids. And in the mean time, you get to enjoy the benefits of having a coating that outperforms every other coating. 

A pity car paints are now so thin.  One really has to choose wisely and get the coating right __the first time__ or else the repolishing to remove old for new will grind off the paint you're trying to protect. 

Actually, this forum's helped me learn that Pro 3 actually cures very fast, and provided no heavy rain or snowstorms be around, could be applied at a remote facility and driven home without the overnight wait Pro+ required.

My next and last vehicle will most likely be wearing Pro3.  Current one soldiers on with Pro+.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 12:07 AM, Tug Bankert said:

No soap. Rinsless wash only. Soap leaves a film and attracts dirt, even on a coating. I really don't understand why people still use that junk 

Do you include Opti-Coat M Wash in the soap category? Should it not be used on a car coated with Pro 3 and Pro+?

Just now, berchman said:

Do you include Opti-Coat M Wash in the soap category? Should it not be used on a car coated with Pro 3 and Pro+?

M wash was made for those who just love.to wash with soap. Some people just won't get on the ONR train and it's for them. Mwash would be the safest soap.for a coating and is perfectly fine and safe. It has some decon properties in it to help "flush" out the dirt in the coating

• 2 weeks later...

Scott HD ' s at 11 month mark with his pro coatings.  Per his comments, Pro3's showing some wear, Pro+ (right above it) more wear (appeared to be sheeting more than beading).  Oddity is there's a failed coating (Nanocoatex Graphene) right above Pro+ that apparently wore off and failed earlier - I wonder if runoff from it could have contaminated Pro+  ?

Pro+, so far, seems to be working fine on my vehicle (regular ONR or other Optimum cleaning products used as needed, Hyperseal every 3 - 4 months).

5 minutes ago, Mr.Outback said:

Scott HD ' s at 11 month mark with his pro coatings.  Per his comments, Pro3's showing some wear, Pro+ (right above it) more wear (appeared to be sheeting more than beading).  

Sheeting does not indicate wear. Beading does not indicate the coating is intact. Who can even say if prep was done properly. I could make paint bead with WD40. Beading and sheeting has very little to do with showing a coatings integrity.