Considering many opti installers don't offer pro 3 I would tend to agree with that statement. Nevertheless, it works and creates an incredible gloss and I asked Dr. G and he said it is OK to do 

Meanwhile Scott HD's Youtube channel continues testing both Pro+ and Pro3 along with other pro coatings.  He's at roughly the 7 month mark and both Optimum products, while different, are to him performing well and better than many.

On 4/15/2022 at 12:58 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Tug, not sure if that's common practice...

It's not common practice but I'm not the common detailer. I install pro 3 while many opti coaters do not

Am curious if PRO3 can be "refreshed" by polishing to remove tunnel car wash scratching (apparently some folks do send their expensive coatings through tunnel car washes)..   Some shops posting on Youtube claim it's possible with their coatings (essentially using very low abrasive polish and ads) but am not sure if that technique will work with multilayer products  (their refreshing work's not covered by warranty)..  

yes, OC3 can be polished but there would be limitations to how often and how aggressively.  I would leave that up to the pro installer's judgement.